Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't change order of songs in playlist

Can't change order of songs in playlist

There must be something I'm missing. For the past 20 minutes I've been trying everything to just change the order of the songs in a playlist I've created. I long hold a song and a screen pops up without an option to move the song in any direction. I have it on 'Custom'. I've unclicked it and reclicked it, like some previous threads have mentioned. I even jumped onto my laptop and haven't found anything to rearrange the playlist oder. No dragging/dropping is available and there's no filters to change.

I have premium and all I want to do is edit a  playlist for an occasion coming up.

3 Replies

Hello clfresh9. When viewing a playlist, if you look at the very top where it lists "Song," "Artists," etc., you should see some green arrows pointing either up or down. If you click those arrows (they're more like little v's) they should disappear after a few clicks, and you should then be able to drag and drop the tracks in the playlist as you click. Clicking above will turn the filter back on, and if you click until the arrow goes away again, the tracks should go back to how you sorted them. 

If that doesn't work you'll most likely want to try uninstalling and then reinstalling the application. Please let me know if this does/doesn't help.

If you are trying on the Android app, you have stumbled on a 3-4 year old problem that seems totally beyond the Spotify App creators. People have been asking for this feature for years and yet with every update there is still no option to nove songs in a playlist. Its an absolute joke.

I'm using Spotify Player at work, since my company won't let me download programs to my computer. I used to be able to change the order of songs in a playlist. But now, no arrows, and no drag and drop capacity. Since no program is installed, obviously, I can't reinstall. Do you have any reccommedations?

Suggested posts