Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Sazid11
  • Visitor
  • 58 replies
  • 22 likes
  • 58 replies
  • 22 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • ryan886
  • Visitor
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Play the music on offline

Guys, I bought premium yesterday, and I'm currently using 30-days trial. However, I can't play my playlists on offline.Any suggestions?

• Regular
  • Guys, I bought premium yesterday, and I'm currently using 30-days trial. However, I can't play my playlists on offline. Any suggestions?
  • kdochris
  • Regular
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Android Spotify app offline playlists counting double: SD card AND internal storage.

Hi, The Spotify app on my Android phone (Wileyfox Swift, Cyanogen Mod 12) is doing something very odd. Here's the problem:I have 16Gb internal storage and a 32Gb external SD card, so naturally I want my offlione playlists on the SD cardThe app is con...

• Regular
  • Hi,   The Spotify app on my Android phone (Wileyfox Swift, Cyanogen Mod 12) is doing something very odd. Here's the problem: I have 16Gb internal storage and a 32Gb external SD card, so natu...
  • lcolling
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Loading Time while in Playlist

Right now whenever I1.) am in a playlist2.) while my phone is connected to the web3.) and I open up the context menu of a songI have to wait 5-10 seconds until spotify has searched for playlist recommendations.I actually can't interact with the song ...

• Music Fan
  • Right now whenever I 1.) am in a playlist 2.) while my phone is connected to the web 3.) and I open up the context menu of a song I have to wait 5-10 seconds until spotify has searched for playli...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Gear S2 search function

Am I the only one not getting the option to search via voice or text? It's driving me mad that I can't choose a specific song from an album or playlist.

• Am I the only one not getting the option to search via voice or text? It's driving me mad that I can't choose a specific song from an album or playlist.
  • Diarmuid66
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

[Android 6.0.1] PLEASE! SD card use default cache and offline music storage

Please Spotify updated the app for have SD card integration.E.g. Deezer, Google Play MusicThe Settings tab have "Storage settings"And if I selected the SD card then app use only SD card.Not interested the app my storage settings and I not moved the s...

• Regular
  • Please Spotify updated the app for have SD card integration. E.g. Deezer, Google Play Music The Settings tab have "Storage settings" And if I selected the SD card then app use only SD card. Not i...
  • TheRaJo
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

can no longer listen to music on playlist in offline mode

I was wondering if something changed in the last update. I've been looking and cannot find the answer anywhere. Every time I try to play one of my playlists when I do not have reception on my phone, it says I am offline and does not play anything. I ...

• Casual Listener
  • I was wondering if something changed in the last update.  I've been looking and cannot find the answer anywhere.  Every time I try to play one of my playlists when I do not have reception o...
  • Clean_Pinch
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! cannot login - "You've already created an account with this email address"

Brief description of the issue: when attempting to log in on my phone, I receive the error message in the title.Steps to reproduce the issue:First, start the spotify app without being previously logged-inThen, choose "log in"enter the email address y...

• Roadie
  • Brief description of the issue: when attempting to log in on my phone, I receive the error message in the title. Steps to reproduce the issue: First, start the spotify app without being previous...
  • dukey1254
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Não consigo ver meus dados

Não tenho conseguido visualizar meus dados, tais como cep, endereço, etc.. Possuo a conta premium familiar, e fica dando endereço inválido para o membro da minha família, sei que o endereço tá certo que eu coloquei, e quando vou visualizar minha cont...

• Não tenho conseguido visualizar meus dados, tais como cep, endereço, etc.. Possuo a conta premium familiar, e fica dando endereço inválido para o membro da minha família, sei que o endereço tá certo ...
  • Maria_B
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Odd glitch when trying to change concert cities

Whenever I try to change concert cities on the latest version of the Android app (7.7), the search bar isn't where its supposed to be located, and its quite annoying. A screenshot has been attached below.

Screenshot_20170224-120531.png
  • Composer
  • Whenever I try to change concert cities on the latest version of the Android app (7.7), the search bar isn't where its supposed to be located, and its quite annoying. A screenshot has been attached b...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! How to play an album?

I don't want to "Shuffle Play" an album, I want to play the tracks in the order they appear on the album. How does one do that on the Android app? I'm a premium subscriber.

• Music Fan
  • I don't want to "Shuffle Play" an album, I want to play the tracks in the order they appear on the album. How does one do that on the Android app? I'm a premium subscriber.
  • wingshq
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 4 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify says I am offline when wifi is from a wifi extender.

Spotify works fine when I am ijn the house and wifi comes from the main router. In my workshop I have wifi extender which connects to the main router via the electric power circuit. The wifi signal is very strong from the extender. However, Spotify e...

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify works fine when I am ijn the house and wifi comes from the main router. In my workshop I have  wifi extender which connects to the main router via the electric power circuit. The wifi si...
  • Daveb33
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Profile not syncing

I use Spotify on my laptop and ps4 all the time and they sync with every song I favorite. I also bought Spotify premium from my PS4. When I put Spotify on my phone and finally got it to log in with my account, all my music wasn't synced and it says I...

• I use Spotify on my laptop and ps4 all the time and they sync with every song I favorite. I also bought Spotify premium from my PS4. When I put Spotify on my phone and finally got it to log in with m...
  • Maxim
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Logout and losing all my songs while offline

So when i'm offline, and open the app, its opening to me the login screen. Everytime when I dont have internet connections and I open the app, this happen.And when im going to online, the app opens normally, but I lost my songs offline. I alredy trie...

• Casual Listener
  • So when i'm offline, and open the app, its opening to me the login screen.  Everytime when I dont have internet connections and I open the app, this happen. And when im going to online, t...
  • luangs7
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

[Android][Playlists] Add options "three vertical dots" icon for Daily Mixes in Android

I think it's actually a bug. In iPhone and my Mac, when I go to a Daily Mix, I can see the three dots icon in which I can "Got to playlist radio", "Sahre", etc. Why doesn't that icon show up in Android?

• Casual Listener
  • I think it's actually a bug.   In iPhone and my Mac, when I go to a Daily Mix, I can see the three dots icon in which I can "Got to playlist radio", "Sahre", etc. Why doesn't that icon sh...
  • lusop
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Playlists
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Fire TV Volume Normalization

There is an option on the desktop to play songs at the same volume. It seems to work fabulously. However, I can not find the same option on my fire TV (2nd gen). As the Fire TV has it's own volume problems, this makes it so some songs I literally can...

• Casual Listener
  • There is an option on the desktop to play songs at the same volume.  It seems to work fabulously.  However, I can not find the same option on my fire TV (2nd gen).  As the Fire TV has ...
  • trex005
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

New, unwanted artist keeps starting the app

Whenever I stop playing and leave the app off, it somehow finds a new, unwanted, and never before heard of artist, starts, the app and whatever I was listening to before goes away. At one point it even interupted when I was listening to something els...

• Whenever I stop playing  and leave the app off, it somehow finds a new, unwanted, and never before heard of artist, starts, the app and whatever I was listening to before goes away. At one point...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium doesn't work on my phone

Hi,I have a account that i activated via an playstation account. It worked fine for a couple of month's, but suddenly it changed to a free account ( no i haven't stopt paying the subscribtion). I activated the premium account again, but it won't chan...

• Hi, I have a account that i activated via an playstation account. It worked fine for a couple of month's, but suddenly it changed to a free account ( no i haven't stopt paying the subscribtion). I...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Slow unresponsive android app!

Spotify is testing me.. The android app has been awful for over a month now. Slow, unresponsive and skipping music on 50gb WiFi.Can someone at Spotify please take note. Fix it now or ill take my custom elsewhere.Seriously.. Just fix it already!Yours,...

• Spotify is testing me.. The android app has been awful for over a month now. Slow, unresponsive and skipping music on 50gb WiFi. Can someone at Spotify please take note. Fix it now or ill take my ...
  • phaethor
  • 8 replies
  • 9 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 9 likes

Playlist order

While using my phone app, if I select a song in one of my playlists, it will automatically put the playlist on shuffle. Is there a way I can set it up for certain playlists that it will not do that? Every now and then it does not shuffle (like right ...

• While using my phone app, if I select a song in one of my playlists, it will automatically put the playlist on shuffle.  Is there a way I can set it up for certain playlists that it will not do ...
  • DaveDenomolos
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Cant select Quality Options.

When I tried to set the quality lever higher the menu appears grey and I cant select anything. Any thoughts? Im registert as a premium user of course...

• When I tried to set the quality lever higher the menu appears grey and I cant select anything. Any thoughts? Im registert as a premium user of course...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes