Announcements

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 48 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 48 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[Discover] View previous Discover Weekly playlists

How do you rest the backround photo for the discover weekly tab/box so it's not a picture of my x. I have deleted all photos on my phone and it still shows up.

• How do you rest the backround photo for the discover weekly tab/box so it's not a picture of my x. I have deleted all photos on my phone and it still shows up.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Don't share music activity on spotify

Hi everyone,On desktop app we can disable the "share activity on spotify" fonctionnality. But on the mobile we just can disable "share activity on facebook".That means we must share our music activity on spotify, or permanently use the private sessio...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi everyone, On desktop app we can disable the "share activity on spotify" fonctionnality. But on the mobile we just can disable " share activity on facebook". That means we must share ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Impossible to download to SD memory card

Hi,I am using a Motorola Moto X 3rd generation with Android Marshmallow and Spotify 6.5.0.1816.Added a brand new SanDisk Micro SD XC I 64gb memory card. Although I followed most of the suggested solutions on this forum and my memory-card being availa...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I am using a Motorola Moto X 3rd generation with Android Marshmallow and Spotify 6.5.0.1816. Added a brand new SanDisk Micro SD XC I 64gb memory card.   Although I followed most of the s...
  • edeezine
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    sd card troubleshooting
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

How to roll back spotify

Hey guys, Quick question, how do i roll back my android spotify? I really dont like the new version, mostly for the fact that eventhough i have premium i still get suggestions at the end of my playlists. I mean, i made this playlist, i have put in th...

• Roadie
  • Hey guys,   Quick question, how do i roll back my android spotify?  I really dont like the new version, mostly for the fact that eventhough i have premium i still get suggestions at the ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Android app periodically re-downloads all offline tracks

I have a Spotify Premium account, which I use on a Samsung S7 Edge. Every few weeks, it re-downloads every single offline track (about 2800 in total).This is mildly irritating when I'm at home (battery drain), a little more so when out and about in t...

• Regular
  • I have a Spotify Premium account, which I use on a Samsung S7 Edge. Every few weeks, it re-downloads every single offline track (about 2800 in total). This is mildly irritating when I'm at home (bat...
  • mistermark10
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Playing random songs

Tracks are not being played in order. I cant find any Random button active. Im a Premium user. Samsung S4. Android 5.0.1. Thanks

• Tracks are not being played in order. I cant find any Random button active. Im a Premium user. Samsung S4. Android 5.0.1. Thanks
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! no internet

If I am running android car play. Does it take data from your phone if there is no internet connection?????

• If I am running android car play. Does it take data from your phone if there is no internet connection?????
  • andersend27
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Why Won't Spotify Play In The Background, Android 4.4.2

Apparently whenever I try to listen to music off the Spotify screen, it always stops for no reason. I'm on an Android version 4.4.2, LG Optimus Zone 2. Can anyone help me?

• Apparently whenever I try to listen to music off the Spotify screen, it always stops for no reason. I'm on an Android version 4.4.2, LG Optimus Zone 2. Can anyone help me?
  • andersend27
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't download music to sd card in sony xperia v 4.1.2

I did everything in the post about getting spotify to download to sd card in android phones but it hasn't worked. I've tried numerous times. Does anyone know a file manager I can download that will make it work?

• I did everything in the post about getting spotify to download to sd card in android phones but it hasn't worked. I've tried numerous times. Does anyone know a file manager I can download that will m...
  • andersend27
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify corrupting SD card on Samsung s5 Neo

Spotify, It pains me to say it but I had to break up with you. I recently bought an s5 neo with a 64gb SD card and over the next period of weeks, i had to replace the SD card 4 times, and was fighting with my provider to replace the phone (which i be...

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify,  It pains me to say it but I had to break up with you. I recently bought an s5 neo with a 64gb SD card and over the next period of weeks, i had to replace the SD card 4 times, a...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Hi

I'm having trouble with my Spotify it like to lock up on some advertisements for various companies like home Depot and now the game stop one is doing it can anyone tell me what's wrong with my spotify?

• I'm having trouble with my Spotify it like to lock up on some advertisements for various companies like home Depot and now the game stop one is doing it can anyone tell me what's wrong with my spotif...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Not showing in notification bar

Lately spotify hasn't been appearing in my notification bar when I'm playing music in the background, doesn't show up on my lock screen, and doesn't pause when other apps play audio. This has only started happening in the last two or three weeks. Has...

• Lately spotify hasn't been appearing in my notification bar when I'm playing music in the background, doesn't show up on my lock screen, and doesn't pause when other apps play audio. This has only st...
  • pksu
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

PODCAST DOESN'T WORK

Hi, I'm experiencing some problem in listening podcast with my mobile (Motorola Razor). I have no problem when I listen to the music in the other menus, but when I select a show in the podcast menu, it simply doesn't start...Can someone help me?Thank...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I'm experiencing some problem in listening podcast with my mobile (Motorola Razor). I have no problem when I listen to the music in the other menus, but when I select a show in the podcast m...
  • crematedman
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Starting a radio should keep playing the song you started it from

Hi there,I love having Spotify available in my car via Android Auto! It's quite useful and I love searching for songs using voice commands.However, one thing really annoys me -- if I'm listening to a song and I want to start a radio from it, clicking...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi there, I love having Spotify available in my car via Android Auto! It's quite useful and I love searching for songs using voice commands. However, one thing really annoys me -- if I'm liste...
  • crematedman
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! How to keep the order in playlist?

I´ve made a playlist for my upcoming spinning lesson and its important the songs come in the right order (the order I have put them in the playlist). However, when I start the first song and then expect the RIGHT second song to start, it randomly cho...

• Casual Listener
  • I´ve made a playlist for my upcoming spinning lesson and its important the songs come in the right order (the order I have put them in the playlist). However, when I start the first song and then exp...
  • xandromedax
  • Regular
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can't switch to phone storage when sd is full

I want to switch the place where the songs get downloaded to, but I can't? My sd is full so I wanted to switch but I can't click the other option! Please help me (Its in Dutch but you can see the problem I guess)

• I want to switch the place where the songs get downloaded to, but I can't? My sd is full so I wanted to switch but I can't click the other option! Please help me (Its in Dutch but you can see the pro...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! How to list all the downloaded music?

I am a new user in the premium account and I have a question: how to list all the downloaded music?

• Casual Listener
  • I am a new user in the premium account and I have a question: how to list all the downloaded music?
  • dinomight
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't see the song I'm listening to

The background of the notification is black and the words is also in a dark colour, I can't see the song I'm listening to, is there a way to change it?

• Casual Listener
  • The background of the notification is black and the words is also in a dark colour, I can't see the song I'm listening to, is there a way to change it?
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Music not playing

So i just bought premium again, and when i dont have service or wifi, and my playlist are downloaded why some songs don't play, I'm not just paying 10 a month for some songs

• So i just bought premium again, and when i dont have service or wifi, and my playlist are downloaded why some songs don't play, I'm not just paying 10 a month for some songs
  • crematedman
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify login pleasehelpp

Unable to login into premium Spotify due to Facebook complications and the email I have on Facebook is no longer ableable be accessed. Please help I spent alot of time downloading songs

• Unable to login into premium Spotify due to Facebook complications and the email I have on Facebook is no longer ableable be accessed. Please help I spent alot of time downloading songs
  • crematedman
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes