Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Removed Spotify App which had 6gb of data - Now that space is still not available

Removed Spotify App which had 6gb of data - Now that space is still not available

Hi,

My Spotify App had 6gb of downloaded music on my phone - so in attempt to free up that space, I deleted the Spotify App.

However, this has not freed up any space, and now I can't find any way to delete the 6gb worth of files from my phone.

I then reinstalled Spotify in hope that it would be able to see those 6gb of files and then navigate to the clear cache section in apps, however it now can't see those files - so there is no cache to delete.

I have tried looking through My Files > Android > data > com.spotify.music > cache (and files) - but as above, it can only see what's in there since I've reinstalled.

Help please!

Android Version 6.0.1

1 Reply

Reinstalling the app will have overwritted the old cache with a new (empty) one so you have achieved your objective. As you correctly identified, the cache is in android/data/com.spotify.music either in internal storage or (depending on your setting) on the SD card. Why do you think the cacge is still taking up 6GB of space? Where are you getting this from?

Suggested posts