Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't install the app. Error -18 (Not enough space)

Can't install the app. Error -18 (Not enough space)

A few days ago I found out that I was unable to update Spotify, yet, the phone always updated everything else. Always everything but Spotify, it said that there was not enough space in the SD, but i have 20 GB free! Also I have 2 GB free of internal memory.

I'd tried everything, erase G Play cache, stopping it, free some space, resetting the phone... Even deleting G Play updates! Nothing worked so I deleted the Spotify app to reinstall it... Now I can't even install it! And worse, I can install whatever I want but Spotify, even heavier and more resource eating apps like Firefox...

So welp, to this point I'm pretty sure that it's Spotify's problem. Help!

I got an Alcatel OneTouch Pop 2 with Android 4.4 in it.
3 Replies

Hello. Everything is Spotify's fault 🙂

There's a handy Play store article here which is worth checking out. I found plenty of other advice when I searched on "android error 18".

EDIT:

This article may be more relevant as it repeats advice I've seen elsewhere.

Thanks for your reply man, I'll try the second article's method as soon as I have access to my pc. I hope it works :S

No, sadly it didn't work. The first method I'd already tried as you can read in the op, and for the second method, there's not a smdl2tmp1.asec in my sd card... So I still can't install the app [☹]

Suggested posts