Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't log in as new account, logged in as old account.

Can't log in as new account, logged in as old account.

I created a new account not tied to a facebook account. I was automatically logged out of spotify when I deactivated facebook. I tried to log into the new account on the spotify app and instead of logging onto the new account, I was logged onto my old facebook account, complete with all of the playlists that are contained therein. I logged out and back in a couple of times, trying both the email and the username for the new account. I was logged into the old account despite using the new credentials. I was unable to log into the new account until I cleared the cache from my phone. Is this the expected behavior?

2 Replies

The problem occurs when you use the same email address associated with your facebook account. If you get in touch with spotify using the contact form they'll get you sorted. If you get an automated response directing you back to the community or to the help pages, please reply to it by email and you will hear back from one of the team shortly.

It was a different email. I was unable to create a new account with the email associated with the facebook account.

Suggested posts