Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't log into spotify on android withouit accepting facebook integration

Can't log into spotify on android withouit accepting facebook integration

Hi,

I have had spotify for a fair while, well before the facebook integration so I have a spotify account that is not linked to facebook in any way, which is the way I wish to keep it. I absolutely do not want to link to my facebook account.

Anyway...I now can't log into spotify in the android client. It presents me with the log in screen in which I enter my details, it logs me in and immediately presents me the option to connect to my facebook account, there is an Accept button and a Cancel button. Since I do not want to connect I press cancel at which point it boots me out to the log in screen again.

Am I missing something simple?

I'm an active premium subscriber (which I confirmed in my account settings on the website).

I made sure the client on my phone was up to date which didn't help.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the Spotify app which also didn't help.

I'm using android 4.1.1 on an HTC One X

Thanks,

Jonathan

7 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

I am not an android expert, but I am going to move this over into the android section since that will be the best place to get support.

Peter

Move: Accounts --> Android

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hey, that does sound like an odd problem to me - it's absolutely possible to use the Android app without a Facebook account. It sounds to me like your account is caught in some kind of loop and not recognising that you've declined the pop-up. 

If you connect and then disconnect, does that get rid of it? I'd suggest giving that a go if at all possible.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Here's an even better idea for you: Remove that pop up entirely from the app.

eviljonny - If you are still having trouble, could you post a screenshot?
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Also, the second time you get to the login screen click 'Im new to spotify' and it might let you through
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

I'll get the screenshot later, thanks.

Wow ok, so instead this just became a bug report. I can log in ok now. Turns out I was using the wrong password, but instead of getting password failed it shows me the playlist screen (although it shows no playlists). Then the facebook connect screen opens as mentioned earlier.

Suggested posts