Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't login via Facebook due to location problems

Can't login via Facebook due to location problems

Hi, I moved to Italy few weeks ago. When I tried to log into my account 2 days ago I got an error message quoting that I am in a different location. I changed the country in my settings, from DE to IT, where I am, but still it didn't work.

Please don't tell me I have to change the country where I currently am on Facebook as well...

4 Replies

Try logging out of spotify then log back in. Your Facebook setting shouldn't matter.

Hey there @TheStrange23, welcome to the community!

It depends. If your Spotify account was created via Facebook, then you will have to change the country from there as well. Otherwise, if you created your account with a spotify username, as @Joe says, it shouldn't matter.

Are you seeing the 408 error message? There currenly seems to be an issue with users seeing this. Spotify folks are looking into this and hopefully will fix it soon 🙂 You should keep an eye out for this thread, if there are further updates on the issue.

Hope this was helpful!

K

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Treat others the way you want to be treated!
I can help in english, français or ελληνικά
Follow me on Spotify | What is a Community Star? Join us!

Hey Kate,

thanks for your reply 🙂

I changed my location to Italy in FB as well...it didn't work, I still can't login to spotify app, neither from phone and tablet, nor pc. I still get this message:

"Did you like you travel? To listen to you music from abroad for more than 14 days, tell us where are you going on on sporify.com"

I am already logged out...I can't login, that's why I am asking support 😉

Suggested posts