Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't reach (Teufel Raumfeld) speakers in same network (Fritz!Box) with Spotify Connect

Can't reach (Teufel Raumfeld) speakers in same network (Fritz!Box) with Spotify Connect

First of all, sorry for my bad english

Now to my problem.

After resetting my local network (Fritz!Box Router) I got the problem, that the current spotify android app didn't show any of the connected (Teufel Raumfeld) speakers, which i could reach formerly without any problems.

Of course the speakers were integrated in the same network and they can be controlled with spotify connect.

So i rebooted my phone, uninstalled the spotify app, installed the app freshly and logged me back in without any success.

Just for fun i than opened the spotify app on my computer (Ubuntu), logged me in with my account and was surprised, that i could reach my speakers there without any problems. Even my android device was found here.

After that i switched back to my android phone, logged me out of spotify and than logged me back in with my account. Suddenly i could reach the speakers there as well.

So far so good.

So i tried the same thing with my wife's android phone and her account.

Unfortunately i didn't have any success there reaching the speakers.

So i tried all the here written troubleshooting steps, which didn't help.

For example I tried logging her out and logging in the spotify app using her account, which didn't help.

I closed the spotify app, cleared the spotify app cache, uninstalled the spotify app, deleted the folders in android, installed the spotify app freshly and logged her back in, what didn't help as well.

Then i just for fun logged her out and just logged me back in in with my account on the same phone.

I was more than surprised, that i could suddenly reach the speakers.

Logging me out and her back in with her account ended in the same result, that i couldn't reach any speakers.

So my conclusion is that there has to be an problem with spotify connect and different accounts, since:

Case 1: Using android device A, being connected to WiFi network A, using spotify android app A, logging in with spotify account A, i can reach the speakers with spotify connect

Case 2: Using android device A, being connected to WiFi network A, using spotify android app A, logging in with spotify account B, i can't reach the speakers with spotify connect

I'm looking formward for any help, since i have no idea what to do next.

4 Replies

They made a lot of changes recently to hardware devices supported by spotify connect. The current list here only shows the Teufel Radionaut as supported.

Thank you very much for your answer. My speakers are shown in the current list so they should be supported:

Raumfeld One M
Standalone wireless speaker
Range includes:

One S, Stereo L / M / Cubes

I just don't understand, why everything is working fine with one account while it doesn't when i'm using another account. Event if the whole scenario stays the same (same android device, same wifi, same speakers, same spotify app).

Okay...even though it doesn't feel right, it seems i found a workaround.

Here is what i had to do in order to be able reaching the wifi speakers with spotify connect no matter which account is used:

Preparation

1. Having a computer with spotify installed (in my case that one) with you

2. Having the problematic android phone with you

3. Being connected to the wifi where the speakers are connected as well with both devices

Realization

4. At the android phone switch to the options and deactivate "show local devices only"

5. At the computer login to spotify with that account, with which the problem of not being able to reach the speakers over the spotify android app exists

6. After being logged into spotify you see the speakers and are able to choose them to play the music

7. Choose each speaker at least one time and play music there

8. Login to spotify at the problematic android phone as well

9. You should now be able to choose the speakers there as well

10. Now do whatever you like to do

Control

11. As soon as you activate "show local devices only" at the android phone you'll have to repeat the process since the speakers will disappear again.

Does anyone else know how to solve this or has other ideas? I'm happy about every answer...

Suggested posts