Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't see now playing song

Can't see now playing song

On Samsung S4.   I have the music playing through my Samsung Shape M5 wireless speakers via Spotify Connect. 

It shows that music is playing to the speakers at the bottom of the screen, but usually it shows what's playing (can I can pause/skip from here as well).  I usually can just touch the now playing song and it goes full screen.  But it is not showing what's playing, so I can't skip, pause or anything?

Sometimes, I switch from my phone to another device, like a tablet while playing, so perhaps somewhere in there it screws up.  However, usually I can see what's playing on multiple devices at the same time.  Only happens on my S4.  

I have uninstalled/repinstalled, but no luck.  Also cleared cache, nothing works.

3 Replies

😞

Try a clean install following the instructions in the troubleshooting guide at the top of this forum.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

This happens to me all the time on a galaxy 7 (not a note) when streaming to an Amazon echo. I find backgrounding the app and then re-focusing it usually makes the ui work again. Sometimes I have to do it several times.

Suggested posts