Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't transfer local files from desktop Spotify to Samsung S20. Worked on S10.

Can't transfer local files from desktop Spotify to Samsung S20. Worked on S10.

Plan

Premium

Country

Canada

Device

Samsung Galaxy S20 5G (just upgraded from S10, which worked fine).  

Operating System

Android 10

My Question or Issue

Can't transfer local files from desktop Spotify to Samsung S20.   They're all greyed out.  Worked on S10.

3 Replies

Hi there @ncldiiorio,

Welcome to the Community!

Could you try running a clean reinstall of the app on your S20. This involves deleting the app cache as well. You can check this article out for a step-by-step guide on how to do the clean reinstall.

After that delete the playlist you've created with the local files on your PC and reupload them to a new playlist. Keep both the desktop and mobile apps open and connected to the same Wi-Fi when you do this.

Let us know if that made the local files playable on your phone.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thanks for your response Alex.  I got it to work last week, by following some of the advice in similar threads.  I had tried the same steps previously, but for some reason it wasn't working.  I created another playlist with the local files, and they ended up downloading to the phone.  I had done that previously, but it wasn't working.  Not sure what the magic difference was, but I'm good to go now.  Thanks.

Hi again @ncldiiorio,

Thanks for the reply and for sharing what has worked for you with the Community. Sure other users would find it useful.

Don't hesitate to give us a shout again if you have more questions.

Cheers!

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts