Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't use menu, stuck on Your Music

Can't use menu, stuck on Your Music

Spotify recently updated on my Android phone.  Now, when I load it goes straight to the Your Music page.  I cannot use the menu at all, every time I press it, the app closes to my home screen.  I have deleted the cache, deleted the data, uninstalled, reinstalled, and rebooted my phone.  It is not working.  I continue to be disappointed in your service.  I would greatly appreciate some help.  Thanks.

HTC Evo LTE

Android 4.3

7 Replies

Could you try putting your phone in airplane mode then starting spotify. Once it's finished loading turn airplane mode off.

No such luck I'm afraid. Now it gives an unexpected error and crashes to home screen.

When does it crash - can you describe exactly what happens? Is the phone rooted or running a custom ROM?

The app opens to Your Music.  When I hit the menu button on the top left, it exits to the home screen.  Just disappears.  Occasionally it will say that Spotify quit unexpectedly.  Other times, it just closes.  The phone is stock Android with no root.

I've never had a problem with the Spotify app before this.  All of the sudden, it just quit working properly.

Do you have an external SD card installed? If so, could you try removing it then reinstalling spotify?

Having this exact same issue except I have a Nexus 4, so there isn't even an external SD slot.  Seems like it was related to the latest upgrade, though I can't exactly remember when the issue began.  

Any luck fixing this ever? 

Hi @mestdogg If you have the new home screen, then we're still waiting for a fix I'm afraid. If you're having trouble even launching spotify, it should launch in airlplane mode. Navigate away from the home screen then you can turn airplane mode off.

Suggested posts