Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can the developers fix the bugs before adding new features?!

Solved!

Can the developers fix the bugs before adding new features?!

There are so many issues with the app. I don't need a new log in screen or anything fancy for now or the rest or the community. I've used spotify on an HTC One, Galaxy S4, Galaxy Note 3 and many other phones and they all are full of bugs.

Bugs such as:

Not downloading over 3G

Playlist (offline and online) keeps pausing after a few songs (this bug has been there for over a year and nothing has been done)

Random crashes with and without root on fresh devices
(I'll provide a logcat if it happens again)

All bugs still present on any ROM I try (cyanogen, AOSP, sense, touchwiz, etc)

We pay premium to have a good experience with Spotify but we get the opposite. Support on the Play Store is also bad. I don't see the developer replying to any comments or bug reports.

Please kudos this. But most of the stuff that is kudosed a lot don't even get implemented into Spotify.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

You're right there are bug fixes but for minor things most of the time. None of which addressing problems from the start of the app for android.

View solution in original post

14 Replies

I'll be updating the thread constantly finding problems with spotify and updating it here.

Your feedback is here. It's added into books and covers by Spotify (hopefully)!

There also bug fixes in updates. Do you like it or not?

Pimp your life with Spotify!

Marked as solution

You're right there are bug fixes but for minor things most of the time. None of which addressing problems from the start of the app for android.

I make sure that this thread will be followed by right person from Spotify.

Hopefully Android app will be better in future!

They would know that if they read the comments about spotify in the Play Store

Strange, I have never had any of these problems on my Nexus devices...

The friends / inbox / message system is also totally broken on the entire Android platform. You cannot reply to messages, cannot share music over the app to others.

Every device is different but it looks like generally there are hugs with the app @poisike

Android support must be a nightmare with so many different hardware and OS versions out there and, whilst some things affect all users, I'd hate to think that shiny new stuff was on the back burner because a small percentage of users are experiencing some issues. For example, I have experienced none of the issues in the first post on either of my devices.

I have, and honestly idk why, other people have the same exact problems too. Read the comments on the play store page.

And BTW android development IS a nightmare because of FRAGMENTATION. It takes months to get an app onto the support of so many devices and that's why there are so many devices.

Its sooo much easier on the app store because there are less devices to support!

And if it's soooooooo easy why doesn't everyone do it, I mean we have access to the google api, the adks, I mean its so god darn EASY ISNT IT

I just don't understand why there are so many problems with this app when nearly all the other music subscription streaming apps e.g. Deezer, Rdio, Napster don't seem to have half the problems with downloading and playing tracks offline that the Spotify app seems to have.
This is a real shame as the service itself, apart from the app of course, I believe is excellent.
Spotify must fix all these bugs in it's app as a matter of urgency otherwise they will continue to lose out on potential subscribers such as myself.

Suggested posts