Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot download songs on SD card despite having three Android devices

Cannot download songs on SD card despite having three Android devices

Hello,

for some reason it was suddenly not possible anymore to download songs on my Android phone. The error message always bothers that I ought to have more than three devices with that phone - I never had any problems downloading and neither added a phone nor bought a new one.

The device management on spotify now shows me that there are three "Android Phones" connected to my account. Sadly, no chance to identify which one is which... This might be true, should be my wifes phone, our tablet and mine. 

However, even when I delete my (?) phone, and try to re-sync it with spotify, there is no chance that the songs will be downloaded onto my phone. The error message always refers to the "no more than three devices".

I thought it might also be that I use an SD card to put my music on. I changed the settings so that the songs go there. The SD card is not formatted for being part of the internal storage btw.

Phone: HTC One A9

AndroidOS: 6.0.1

Sportify Version: 5.3.0.995 (German)

Spotify Login via facebook

Any advice how to solve this issue? 

Many thanks in advance!

2 Replies

Try deleting one of the devices and then clicking the button to log out of all devices (on your account page online)

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

...then 2 days later all songs were again gone. Same problem as before: the maximum of 3 devices were supposed to use Spotify. But neither my wife nor me changes / used it inbetween.

The only thing it could be was my ONKYO receiver where I used Spotify for streaming on. 

Does that make sense / any difference?

Suggested posts