Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot find the Storage information in the newest release of Spotify

Cannot find the Storage information in the newest release of Spotify

I just noticed that in the latest release of Spotify, in the Settings menu there' no Storage options anymore.

Is there a way to change the storage option from Device to micro SD card, like in old versions?

7 Replies

Hey @soulburner666, welcome to the Community!

You shouldn't have any trouble with the Storage options if you follow the steps listed in this article.

Hope that helps 🙂

And what I shoud do when I don't want to delete cache but only one from 3 downloaded playlists? I have ios on my phone.

Unchecking "download playlist" doesn't delete it from storage

Hey @EGRick.

Let's try unchecking the option to Download on the playlists you want to delete, then turn your iPhone off and back on to see if it helps.

If that doesn't do the trick, you'll need to follow the previous steps and download only the playlists you want to use offline.

Let us know how it goes.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

@Alfredo

Unfortunaltely, turning my phone off and on again doesn't clear space even though I've unchecked "Download" on my playlist.

Also everyday Spotify downloads more and more cache and I have to reinstall that app every 2 days because otherwise i can't use my phone, it shows "Storage full"

Why this is so annoying?

I understand.

You should be able to clear the cache used by Spotify from the Spotify Settings, if that doesn't do the trick, a reinstall is needed. Also, we recommend having at least 1GB free for Spotify.

I can gladly pass your feedback about this on to the right folks, so let me know.

All the best.

Now I see this is wrong section. Because I am using ios device, not android.

Maybe that's why those tips doesn't work for me. I have 2Gb of free space and no option to delete cache without reinstalling.

Anyway thank you for your help. 

You're welcome!

If anything else comes up, feel free to open a new thread.

All the best.

Suggested posts