Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot login from mobile with neither email nor username, tried all methods but none of them work

Solved!

Cannot login from mobile with neither email nor username, tried all methods but none of them work

Plan: Free

Device: Moto g40 Fusion

Operating System: Android Oreo

This problem has been troubling me since last year when Spotify started showing that I was "offline" even though I was connected to the internet. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app, but the problem after that was that I couldn't log in.

After digging around for a while, I tried out a method related to the removal of sim cards and it worked! Until a month ago I changed by device and now it refuses to let me log into my account, again. I can log in from desktop but on mobile, it keeps showing the text "logging in" on the button and eventually suggests me to use a login link. I open the link but it shows that the link has expired. This problem has been there all this time since last month, and despite all the digging this time around, I haven't been able to find any solution. It simply refuses me to login.

Being a daily listener, this has been a painful month. But I hope there's a way to fix it. Some methods I tried: I removed my sim cards and tried to log in after a restart, I uninstalled and reinstalled it several times, I wiped the permissions, data and permissions and redid all of it, and many more. I have no idea why this could be happening, but PLEASE HELP ME SOLVE THIS. Thanks a lot.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @mayashaya 

Could you try logging in a different device (also a mobile).

Also, a different network connection (Include a mobile network connection).

And lastly, could you create a new Spotify account on your device and see if you still struggle with the log in.

This is all to figure out if the issue is device related or account related so kindly bear with me. 

Take care.

TaylithSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hey @mayashaya,

Thanks for getting back to us.

It sounds like the issue is related to your internet service provider, so it's best to check with them if something can be done to resolve it.

Let us know how it goes.

MihailYModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Hello @mayashaya , thanks for stopping by.

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble logging in.

From articles related to this and personal experiences, the offline issue could very well be caused by low storage space on your device. You could try and free some space and also clear app cache.

Also, it would do some good to try logging in on a different device to be fairly certain whether the issue is device related, account related or otherwise.

Another alternative is using the Spotify Lite app from the Google Play Store since it will require less memory to run well than the app you're currently using. You can download it over here.

If none of the steps above prove helpful, do get back to me with screenshots of what happens when you try to log in.

Take care 🎧🖤

TaylithSpotify Star

Hello, thank you for responding @Taylith 

This is my new device, and it has hardly used up 35% of its entire storage (40GB/128GB). So pretty sure storage is not the problem. I tried clearing cache a number of times, and it doesn't work.

I tried it from another android device (Samsung) and it showed the same thing over there as well. I've attached the screenshots of what it showed on the other device; it just shows that there was an error in logging in. The result was same every time I tried it. While this was on the app, I don't think this is simply an account-related issue because I'm able to login from the web. I was successful in logging in through the browser on my current phone (moto g40 fusion), and through two of my other devices (web apps).

Yes, I've been looking for Spotify lite on the Play Store, but it's not there. I've been unable to find it on the Play since months, which I know is weird. So this time I downloaded the app using an external client (APKPure) and I was able to log in. But the catch is, I couldn't use it. Every time I clicked on a playlist or a song, it will buffer and after a while show "this took longer than expected". This happened all the times I tried. So, I don't know. Spotify has become inaccessible to me on my phone through both apps.

I won't always have my laptop on me, right? And if I can't use Spotify anywhere else, then that's a gigantic bummer. For the record, spotify desktop works perfectly fine (the web client).

photo_2022-09-04_11-29-30.jpg
photo_2022-09-04_11-29-24.jpg
photo_2022-09-04_11-29-21.jpg

Hello once again @mayashaya 

I apologize for taking this long to respond.

Were you using some type of VPN when attempting to log in? Because it may lead to the kind of issues you're experiencing.

I also don't understand why the Spotify Lite app is inaccessible on your end. What happens when you click on this link ?

Lastly, could you check if your Google play store is set to a different country, as well as your phone and mobile provider.

Thanks

TaylithSpotify Star

Hello, @Taylith 

That's not a problem, I'm grateful you replied. Also, I apologise for the late reply. It took me more time than I had imagined to carry out the methods you suggested.

I did have a VPN provider installed on my phone, so I reinstalled Spotify after uninstalling the VPN. But I couldn't log in even then. I tried it by restarting my device once, but to no avail. The same goes for the Lite app, the results were same as last time. 

I checked my phone's Play store and realised that the country was set to Singapore. I had to make a new payments profile in order to change the country, and then delete the previous profile (one which had Singapore set as the country). I could see the changes in my Play app after this change, like, now I could access Spotify Lite by searching it and that link you shared also worked this time. Thanks for your suggestions!

But the problem now is that I am still unable to log in with my email and password in the native Spotify app. And the result with Spotify Lite is also the same as last time (that is, it keeps showing "it longer than expected"). Even with the "login without password" option, it shows me "link expired" after a lot of loading, even though I clicked on the right link. I tried again by uninstalling them, restarting my device, and trying again for both apps. But the results were the same. I have no idea where the problem is now, even though I followed all your suggestions. 

Do you have any idea what this could mean now?

Hey there @mayashaya 

Can we clarify a few things.

Have you changed your country or location settings in the spotify app?

With these new login attempts, was the VPN switched off?

And are you able to log in with the new account you've created?

I apologize for the troubles you went to and I really hope we can lay this to rest soon.

Take care 😄

TaylithSpotify Star

Hello @Taylith

Sure.

Yes, the country of my Spotify account is set to India. 

As I said, I removed the VPN from my phone altogether. So yes, the VPN was switched off. 

Oh, I created a new profile in Google Payments, not Spotify. I changed the country set on Google Play on my phone, but couldn't log in to Spotify despite that. 

Thanks, regards. 

Marked as solution

Hey @mayashaya 

Could you try logging in a different device (also a mobile).

Also, a different network connection (Include a mobile network connection).

And lastly, could you create a new Spotify account on your device and see if you still struggle with the log in.

This is all to figure out if the issue is device related or account related so kindly bear with me. 

Take care.

TaylithSpotify Star

Hello @Taylith, I apologise for such a late response. Allow me to share some answers. 

I have already tried it out on two other devices and faced the same issue with my account there. I also installed a web app on my phone and Spotify worked perfectly fine through that (that is how I've been using it on mobile these days).

I tried to log in using another internet connection and could log in without problems! So perhaps it had something to do with our wifi?

Finally. Do share any thoughts you may have about this. Thank you for all your help so far! 

Marked as solution

Hey @mayashaya,

Thanks for getting back to us.

It sounds like the issue is related to your internet service provider, so it's best to check with them if something can be done to resolve it.

Let us know how it goes.

MihailYModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts