Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Cannot use spotify to play music on my smartwatch

Cannot use spotify to play music on my smartwatch

Spotify is reliant on my phone i cant play music through the smart watch or devices conectrd to it. Maybe im missing something please write back.

5 Replies

What make and model of watch?

Do you have spotify premium?

Its a fossil gen 3 just bought it. And i have premium. It will play on
google music. But with spotify the watch is just a remot for your phone.

As far as I know, they haven't released a spotify app for android wear and until they do, you will have to use it as a remote to control your phone. The app is available on Samsung's Tizen watches (Gear S2 and Gear S3) which can stream direct from spotify's servers and play music offline.

Heyo, all the information here seems to be correct and I may have a solution for you if you are trying to play music through Google Assistant on your Fossil Watch. Until an Android Wear Spotify Friendly App is published this solution might not be as hands free as you would like, but if you do use google assistant you can say "Open spotify and play [Song you would like to play] by [Artist Name]" By doing so, your watch will do a google search and you should be able to tap the correct result on your watch and spotify will open on your phone and play that song. I have noticed though that sometimes you also have to tap the selected song on your phone if spotify is already opened. This might not be as fluent, but you should be able to find your songs quicker compared to manually searching for it on your phone. If you are trying to play the music outloud through  your watch that simply wont work because your smartwatch acts only as a remote. I hope I was able to help.

Chase

Hello I would like to do something similar. I have the Huawei W1 smartwatch and a HTC U11. What I want is to play the Spotify through the phone but remote control on the watch. Is this possible?

Suggested posts