Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Car audio buttons don't work with Spotify

Car audio buttons don't work with Spotify

Hello. I am using a Samsung S20 FE for my Spotify and every time I connect my phone via bluetooth to my car, the audio controls in the steering wheel work. But now they don't. The car doesn't seem to recognize the playlists, but it works just fine on my iPhone 7+. Is there an Android fix we can do?
1 Reply

Hi tehre,

Thanks for posting on the Community!

Could you please elaborate a bit what do you mean by the "car not recognizing the playlists" and also what is the issue with your control buttons as these sound like two separate situations.  Can you also remember when did this start to happen? Was it after a particular update on your Android device perhaps?

It'd be also worthwhile to perform a clean reinstall of the app on your mobile device, as this is more thorough than the normal one and ensures that no cached data will remain to cause interference with the new installation of your app. Note that you'd need to download your content for offline listening again, as the clean reinstall removes all downloads from the device. Check if this will return things to normal when using your Android device inside the car.

Hope this helps. Let us know how you get on.

Kiril Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts