Premium

Country

Argentina

Device

Huawei Mate SE

Operating System

Android Oreo

My Question or Issue

Hi, I'm from one of the countries that received the lyrics implementation (Argentina) and I have to say, it works wonderfully. However, according to the page of the feature, it's also available for your Chromecast, but every time I cast any song from my phone, where I can see the lyrics, they don't appear on the TV. I even get still Behind The Lyrics for some songs, but not full lyrics for the songs that have it. Is it really available to cast the lyrics to the TV?

9 Replies

Hi, also does not work in Brazil. But in this page say it work ☹️
https://support.spotify.com/us/using_spotify/features/can-i-see-lyrics-on-spotify/

I was having same issue with the latest spotify app at Android TV.
Can someone from spotify come to explain?

Its urgent for me to be able to see lyrics on my tv while working and yelling all my favorite songs, please make it a must for the next sprint!!!

Works in mobile devices only 😔

Hey folks,

Thanks for posting in the Community. We'd gladly shed more light on how the lyrics feature work. 

Currently full lyrics are available in select markets only and can be displayed on the following devices:

•  desktop
  •  tablets
  •  iOS and Android mobile devices

Note: Lyrics aren't Connect-enabled, but you can mirror the lyrics onto other devices by using external technologies.

If you'd like the lyrics feature to be added to other platforms, you can have a look in the Idea Exchange to see if someone has already suggested it or post your own idea. Here's one that we think you might be interested in. 

Hope you find this info useful.

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi,

It worked for me, I'm in Brazil

Hi All, I am located in the UK  and lyrics are not shown in the tv after casting with chromecast.

Hi, samewise. Lyrics don't show on TV when I cast through chromecast. Please work on it, it's been three years since OP posted this.

It'd be better to see lyrics on screen instead a singer/band still.

Currently still can't see lyrics on chromecast, but if you use spotify on Xbox you can see lyrics on there now.

Suggested posts