Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Chromebook web player has void blank gap above control panel.

Chromebook web player has void blank gap above control panel.

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

I use the free version web player on a chromebook.  I now have a 30mm wide 'void strip' above the controls at the bottom of the screen which was not there the last time I used Spotify.  This blank area is right across the scrolling part of the screen and takes up approximately 20% of the screen area.  It remains there regardless of which screen I am on within Spotify.  This means in effect that I can now see and use only 80% of the screen.

I cannot believe that this how things should be or rather, 'are now'.   Why would Spotify not use 20% of its screen space?  Is it a bug?  Do I have to 'do something' to get rid of it?

1 Reply

Hey there @romseyraver,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community and welcome!

Could you try using a private/incognito window in the browser and let us know if there's any difference? It's also worth trying a different browser and another Internet connection if possible to see if this persists.

Lastly, could you send us a screenshot so we can take a better look at this issue? You can add it to your reply by tapping on the camera icon on the post editor.

Keep us posted. We'll be on the lookout.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts