Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Closing Application Android

Closing Application Android

Is there a way to close Spotify so it doesn't start up when connected to Bluetooth or show on Android Auto upon startup? 

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Operating System

Android Oreo

My Question or Issue

As referenced above. I'm looking for a way to close the app when not in use. It doesn't seem like a big deal, but I often take customers in my vehicle, and it's annoying to have my last listened to music come up on start up (or start playing when the truck switched to Bluetooth audio). Thank you for any help.

4 Replies

Bump.

So here' my problem.  I walk during my lunch break and use bluetooth headphones.  Then I return to my desk.  Pause the music (since I can't find any other way to stop the music or close the app).  Then 20-30 minutes later it unpauses for no apparent reason and the music is blaring from my phone's speaker.  I'm in an open work environment and this is quite the faux pas.  

There is an "X" to close the app on Pandora in the Android swipe down menu, but I can't close or swipe away Spotify.  There have been forums about this same topic for years with no resolution.  I've been really debating on whether or not to recommend shorting Spotify stock.  Looks like it might be time to reccomend a short position on SPOT to my friends and family.

There might be a setting on Spotify that says something along the lines of automatically open. Because on my computer I had that setting because it would open when I turned it on. But that might just be for the web player/computer application.

Hey @bullitt5177.

Thanks for posting about this on the Community, and apologies for the delayed response!

If you're still experiencing this, we'll be happy to point you in the right direction.

We recommend that you head on over to the Android Auto User Community here for this. They will be able to answer your question with regard to the functionality of the Android Auto app when using Spotify.

Hope that helps! Let us know how you get on 🙂

@rossini00 - thanks for posting about this. Would you mind creating a new thread about this (if you don't find one after searching in the Community)? We will be able to help you out there. Thanks!

Suggested posts