Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Connecting Spotify Version 6.2.0.1028 on LG G4 Android 6 with VW Discover Media

Connecting Spotify Version 6.2.0.1028 on LG G4 Android 6 with VW Discover Media

Hello everybody,

I'm using Spotify Version 6.2.0.1028 on LG G4 Android 6 and I'm connecting it via Bluetooth to a VW Discover Media.

Playing music works fine.

But the car-display always shows the last played song metadata (name/interpreter, etc.)

So in the car-display I see the wrong metadata.

Regards,

Martin

12 Replies

Maybe your car's screen is slightly out of sync with what is playing or your phone is sending the wrong info over. Check if you have the latest version of Spotify on the Google Play Store. That might help you

I have the exact same problem. When starting playing, the cardisplay shows the correct information, but when changing track the cardisplay is always one track behind. The same is true if the phone/spotify changes the track by itself.(playing a playlist). I've tested this with an Iphone and it works fine :(. I have the latest version of spotify available.

LG-G4

Spotify version 6.3.0.882

VW Golf GTE (2016)

I allready installed the latest Version of Spotify... Sadly, the Problem remains...
Thank you for your answer.

Has someone else an idea how i can fix this problem?

Try deleting your car's Bluetooth on your phone's Bluetooth settings and see if that helps. If it doesn't work, try doing a clean install of Spotify

Hey aodhokeady,

thank you, for your answer!

I tried both suggestions.

First I deleted the car's bluetooth on my phone and connected it again. Same issue as before...

Then I deleted the car's bluetooth on my phone again and deleted my phone's bluetooth on my car. So both don't know each other. After that I made a clean install of Spotify and connected the phone to my car again. Sadly the problem remains...

Regards,

Martin

Hi.

I installed a custom rom (ressurection remix), and it all works just fine. So I guess it's either that, or wait and see if it will get fixed in nougat 🙂

thank you very much! I will wait for the official release of nougat for the LG G4 and update you here

I'm having the exact same issue that you describe and it's actually very annoying.. I've had the problem since the phone was released, which is like 2 years now..

Another issue became apparent the past few weeks since I can no longer change songs/play+pause from the steering wheel controls (Skoda Octavia -16, Bolero).. I have to open the Spotify app on my phone directly, and press play, then the controls will become functional again (but only until I turn the car off and remove the keys). 

Hello,

I do have the exactly same issue with my LG G6 and Android 7.0. It seems like LG didn't take care of that issue.

Thats too bad. Considered bying that phone a while ago but was afraid that it indeed was a LG problem in general. Ended up with an galaxy s8, and there is no issues with the car stereo anymore.

Same exact problem here with an LG G6 on Android 7. My Seat Leon car hifi display worked great with my previous Android (Sony) but consistently displays the previous song info on the LG.

Question is: Is this a problem with the Spotify app or is the bluetooth stack on the LG to blame?

Suggested posts