Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Constant requirement for login when offline mode on my device - annoying

Constant requirement for login when offline mode on my device - annoying

Description

When I have my phone in offline mode, it constantly requires me to log in, most times losing all downloaded songs.

What are the steps you took to get to the error/issue?

(We need to know what you are doing so we can do the exact same to try and get the same error)

1. First I uninstalled and reinstalled Spotify to see if that resolved the problem.

2. Then I reinstalled and redownloaded tracks again.

3. I also follwed steps lined out in https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Android/Android-Troubleshooting-Spotify/td-p/113082 but couldn't find the folder after I'd uninstalled Spotify, so reinstalled and downloaded tracks again.

What I expected to happen

I want to be able to play my songs in offline version as I was a week ago, which is how it's supposed to work.

Did you restart your device when troubleshooting in section B?

Yes

Did you read the connection troubleshooting tips?

Yes

Your device

Samsung Galaxy s5

Device’s Operating System

Android 4.4.2, latest updates installed

What type of account do you have?

Premium

(FYI for the below points: Android devices tend to refer to the internal memory as "SD Card" and the SD card you inserted yourself as "External SD Card")

Space left on your device

? GB

Space left on your SD card (if applicable)

1.95 GB

Space left on your External SD card (if applicable)

52.65 GB

Is your device rooted?

No

Are you using a custom ROM, if so which one, exactly?

No

Did you set your external SD card as storage location?

Yes

Did you manually install an older version before installing the latest version from the Play Store?

No

Do you have the same issue when switching between WiFi/Mobile Data (If applicable)?

N/A

If you said "No", when does the issue not occur?

When using WiFi, 2G, 3G, 4G

My mobile Spotify version

My desktop Spotify version (if applicable)

My mobile provider and country

Vodafone, Australia

My username

Do you have a Spotify (non-Facebook) login?

No

Are you logging in with Facebook or with your Spotify login details?

Facebook login

Do you have any screenshots you can attach to more clearly explain your issue?

Everytime I am in offline mode - which is important because it appears to download stuff when listening to songs I have previously downloaded to my device, it will require me to login again.  After the first time this happened last week and I reinstalled Spotify it also told me that I could only have it downloaded to one device and removed all my songs. The next time it happened I couldn't listen to any songs, one stated playing then just stopped, so I reinstalled that night as well.  I then followed the link above and fully uninstalled, turned off, took out battery, SD card and SIM card, rebooted, reinstalled, redownloaded, then went offline. It happened again. This is not the way spotify is supposed to work. I'm sick of all the problems, and thinking of just downloading all the songs from elsewhere and getting a decent MP3 player. Please help me, or you'll lose a good customer.

1 Reply

Ok, it would appear now I have the answer, although I will continue to test.

Embarrassingly it's a dodgy external SD card that was at fault.

Don't get your 64gb SD cards from eBay for $10 I think is the lesson I have learned here.

Was at the same time my camera stopped working for the second time, but that works fine if saved to the internal SD card.

Suggested posts