Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Created Playlist on Computer, can not access in Moto X

Solved!

Created Playlist on Computer, can not access in Moto X

Hey Guys,

So i created a playlist on my profile on my PC. Everything works fine on the computer and i can cycle through all my songs in the playlist but when i try accessing the same playlist on my Moto X (android phone) that playlist is grayed out and seems like i can not play any of the songs. the "Shuffle Play" button starts playing random songs not linked to the playlist i created. What can I do? Anyone heard of this issue?

Let me know please.

thanks

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

No worries. Sharing music you own would be a breach of copyright and will incur the displeasure of the record companies. Have you come across Soundrop yet? It's a great way to listen to music with friends, there's even an app for the spotify desktop client to make it easy.

View solution in original post

9 Replies

If the playlist contains local files (mp3s on your PC), you won't be able to play them on your mobile until you sync them to the phone for which you rquire a premium subscription. Create playlists of spotify's music and they will be playable on mobile.

ahhhh that makes sense. It was created from MP3 off my computer. That does make sense. So all my friends will not be able to access my playlist from mobile either unless they have premium?

Only on their PCs if they have the matching local files.

@jwylot wrote:

Only on their PCs if they have the matching local files.

Can you explain that part to me? They have to have the same exact mp3 files on their computer to listen to my playlist? 

If that is the case this playlist will literally only be useful to me and none of my friends will be able to access them. 

Right. A playlist is just a list of tracks with links to those tracks. If someone else plays the playlist, thay can't play local files on your PC so spotify will try to replace them with the same music either from the spotify database (if they exist) or from local files on their PC. Otherwise the tracks will be greyed out and unplayable.

wow that sucks! So what solution do I have if i want to share the mp3 from computer to everyone? Should i get premium and download my playlist to spotify? Will that give access to everyone? 

Sorry for the noobie questions haha

btw thanks for quick replies!!

Marked as solution

No worries. Sharing music you own would be a breach of copyright and will incur the displeasure of the record companies. Have you come across Soundrop yet? It's a great way to listen to music with friends, there's even an app for the spotify desktop client to make it easy.

darn, what a waste of time! 

Nope never heard of it, but ill check it out now  thanks brah

Spoiler

Suggested posts