Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify For Android Tablets

I notice you have a iPad app, any chance of a android counterpart? As I have the sony s1 and would love to have thison there!

• I notice you have a iPad app, any chance of a android counterpart? As I have the sony s1 and would love to have thison there!
  • shirkosafari
  • Regular
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Equalizer keeps restarting

OK I complained about this before and nothing was done about it. I was a premium subscriber before and cancelled it because I will listen to music and the volume will get loud and go back down. I don't even touch the volume button on my phone. And my...

• Casual Listener
  • OK I complained about this before and nothing was done about it. I was a premium subscriber before and cancelled it because I will listen to music and the volume will get loud and go back down. I don...
  • bmwknight89
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Auto play

Hi, I have 2 phones which is one is android and one more is iphone user. When i click play a song in my iphone spotify app, my android phone also also auto play that song which is i didnt do anything.How to stop this auto play? or its a bug. Thanks

• Hi,   I have 2 phones which is one is android and  one more is iphone user. When i click play a song in my iphone spotify app, my android phone also also auto play that song which is i ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! no activity box. is it normal?

Spotify version 076.357. Android 4.2.2. Tablet Asus Me302kl. I can`t see friends activity: there is no box at the right side like i see in the desktop version. I have a premium account. Any solution?

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify version 076.357. Android 4.2.2. Tablet Asus Me302kl. I can`t see friends activity: there is no box at the right side like i see in the desktop version. I have a premium account. Any solution?
  • pacchetti
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Song problem on MacBook Air

One song called Looking Ass by Young Money, Nicki Minaj doesn't work on my computer (MacBook Air) but it works on my Android (HTC One). It says "There is a problem with the connection to Spotify. Please try again shortly. (802)". My username is beatr...

• One song called Looking Ass by Young Money, Nicki Minaj doesn't work on my computer (MacBook Air) but it works on my Android (HTC One). It says "There is a problem with the connection to Spotify. Ple...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Syncing error

Everytime I try to sync my one and only playlist, this same message appears: Syncing error, Unknown error. Also syncing doesn't happen with my computer. My phone is brand new Samsung galaxy S4 Mini. I have tons of free space, I've tried to turn on 2/...

• Regular
  • Everytime I try to sync my one and only playlist, this same message appears: Syncing error, Unknown error. Also syncing doesn't happen with my computer. My phone is brand new Samsung galaxy S4 Mini. ...
  • Jannikki
  • Regular
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

App not recognising me as premium member

have downloaded the app for my new htc desire 601, however it is not recognising me as a premium member???

• have downloaded the app for my new htc desire 601, however it is not recognising me as a premium member???
  • BladeRun
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium not working!

I have tried closing app, logging out several times.. Not working! Frustrated!!

• Casual Listener
  • I have tried closing app, logging out several times.. Not working! Frustrated!!
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Incorrect 2G/3G Traffic Usage

Hello everyone, I've a premium account, and today I've got a huge problem with my Spotify App on my Android Nexus 5 device. Using my WiFi network, after adding a song to the "star" playlist, there were problems downloading it. I decided to stop it an...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello everyone,   I've a premium account, and today I've got a huge problem with my Spotify App on my Android Nexus 5 device.   Using my WiFi network, after adding a song to th...
  • iakko
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

[BUG] Spotify wrongly complains about insuficient disk space

THIS IS A BUG! SEE LATEST POST!!! I have this exact problem: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Android/Offline-Sync/td-p/23713The suggested solution did not work, since Spotify didn't react when i hit the hw menu key, hence I'm unable to cache mor...

• Music Fan
  • THIS IS A BUG! SEE LATEST POST!!!   I have this exact problem: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Android/Offline-Sync/td-p/23713 The suggested solution did not work, since Spotify didn...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 16 replies
  • 1 likes
  • storage
  • 16 replies
  • 1 likes

no sd card storage

Description Spotify says there is no SD card storage space yet there is lots. There is also storage space on my phone. What are the steps you took to get to the error/issue? (We need to know what you are doing so we can do the exact same to try and g...

• Regular
  • Description Spotify says there is no SD card storage space yet there is lots. There is also storage space on my phone. What are the steps you took to get to the error/issue? (We need to know ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Data Usage Samsung Galaxy S4

Hello everyone, Spotify is announced as the app which used the most data on my S4 this month. Even if turned 2g /3g off - it seems to use a high amount of data when i'm not using Wlan (i just listened to offline playlists) - because of that, i used a...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello everyone,   Spotify is announced as the app which used the most data on my S4 this month. Even if turned 2g  /3g off - it seems to use a high amount of data when i'm not using W...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Friends "tab" replaced by profile "tab"

I no longer see the friends tab in Spotify. I can only see the profile tab? What's up with that? Anyone else seeing this?

• Casual Listener
  • I no longer see the friends tab in Spotify. I can only see the profile tab? What's up with that? Anyone else seeing this?
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

heeelp

Pls heeelp meee !!!Can u speek german ? My spotify app dosent work !!!

• Pls heeelp meee !!! Can u speek german ? My spotify app dosent work !!!
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Crossfade not so gapless anymore!

Recently updated the Spotify app on my Galaxy Note 2 and now when playing any music I hear a gap during the crossfade. Sometimes a loud static sound can be heard as it switches tracks. VERY annoying and makes for a horrible seamless experience.

• Recently updated the Spotify app on my Galaxy Note 2 and now when playing any music I hear a gap during the crossfade.  Sometimes a loud static sound can be heard as it switches tracks.  VE...
  • mountnstream
  • Music Fan
  • 8 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 2 likes

All my Playlists are gone!

Dear Spotify team, I checked several threads in the community and could not find any specific help. I have the following Hardware/Software: Samsung Galaxy S3 Android Verison 4.3 Current Spotify Version (re-installed today) SD-Card 32 Gb I have the fo...

• Casual Listener
  • Dear Spotify team, I checked several threads in the community and could not find any specific help.   I have the following Hardware/Software: Samsung Galaxy S3 Android Verison 4.3 Cu...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! How do I ensure all my songs are updated to Extreme quality when connected to wifi?

I am using the latest Android Kitkat on my Nexus 5.Here's my problem:When I download songs to play offline on my phone, my music quality for streaming is "Normal quality" and my download is "Extreme quality".When I listen to a song on Radio mode (whe...

• Casual Listener
  • I am using the latest Android Kitkat on my Nexus 5. Here's my problem: When I download songs to play offline on my phone, my music quality for streaming is "Normal quality" and my download is "Ex...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can't download Spotify to Android

Hi, I have Spotify Premium, use it fine on laptop & PC. I have a new (to me) Samsung GT-S5830. I can log onto my Spotify account on the Android. When I try to download the Spotify app via Google Play I get the error message "you don't have any device...

• Regular
  • Hi,   I have Spotify Premium, use it fine on laptop & PC. I have a new (to me) Samsung GT-S5830. I can log onto my Spotify account on the Android.   When I try to download the S...
  • Spikeymusic
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

seeking cheap tablet that runs spotify well

I'm looking to get a cheap but reliable device that I can give to my daughter so she can run spotify and do pretty much nothing else. Does anyone have any recommendations for android tablets under $100 or so that do a good job at this? I see ematic m...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm looking to get a cheap but reliable device that I can give to my daughter so she can run spotify and do pretty much nothing else.   Does anyone have any recommendations for android table...
  • anewman63
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Connection available without showing an error

Hi, I have a Sony Xperia ZR and lately Spotify does not allow me to leave my playlist in "Available Offline" and displays a message that says "sync error, unknown error - continue". I need help because I have a paid account Primium.

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I have a Sony Xperia ZR and lately Spotify does not allow me to leave my playlist in "Available Offline" and displays a message that says "sync error, unknown error - continue". I need help becau...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes