Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify Offline Isn't Working Anymore

As the title says.. My offline mode on my Samsung Galaxy S3 has stopped syncing and also on my laptop. If I touch/click Offline Mode it isn't syncing. I've got enough space in my laptop and my phone. Can anyone help me? (I'm using Spotify for 6 month...

• Casual Listener
  • As the title says.. My offline mode on my Samsung Galaxy S3 has stopped syncing and also on my laptop. If I touch/click Offline Mode it isn't syncing. I've got enough space in my laptop and my phone....
  • RWGino_
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Remove from starred?

Is there an easy way to remove songs from starred playlist while playing music in the new version?

• Roadie
  • Is there an easy way to remove songs from starred playlist while playing music in the new version?
  • Fiddledeedee
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

0.7.9 update still a problem

Please get a new update...there are so many bad features on this one!!! Most importantly it crashes and the music stops mid song...the search bar wont work so you can't even look for new music.. And why did you do away with the Discover feature? The ...

• Regular
  • Please get a new update...there are so many bad features on this one!!! Most importantly it crashes and the music stops mid song...the search bar wont work so you can't even look for new music.. And ...
  • llj
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Artist top tracks disappeared 1.0.0.82

When browsing, I tend to find an artist I haven't heard before with search and look through their list of top tracks. This list has disappeared with the most recent update.Has it gone for good, or has it moved somewhere non obvious. It was my most us...

• Visitor
  • When browsing, I tend to find an artist I haven't heard before with search and look through their list of top tracks. This list has disappeared with the most recent update. Has it gone for good, o...
  • kbrooksc
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

The first song plays two times

When I start my spotify on Android (Nexus 5) The program shows a bar in the bottom with the song that was playing the last time, with a play button. I usally click on play just to get back were I was listen before ( really nice feature btw ). But the...

• When I start my spotify on Android (Nexus 5)  The program shows a bar in the bottom with the song that was playing the last time, with a play button. I usally click on play just to get back ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

KitKat SD Card issues solved

Just a heads up. If you haven't already got it an update has been pushed to the Play Store which is said to fix the issue people have been having using an SD card on kit kat devices

• Community Legend
  • Just a heads up. If you haven't already got it an update has been pushed to the Play Store which is said to fix the issue people have been having using an SD card on kit kat devices
  • Bimbs
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify turns down volume on other apps

This is new to the last update or 2: When another app played sound, spotify used to pause until the other app shut up. Great, as I used Spotify and my navigation app simultaneously while driving. Now it keeps playing, but both apps are at a lower vol...

• Visitor
  • This is new to the last update or 2:   When another app played sound, spotify used to pause until the other app shut up.  Great, as I used Spotify and my navigation app simultaneously w...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Free but not working ?

So the new update claims that spotify IS available free on mobile devices ? However, on my windows phone however, it is not. Every time I start it, requires a new login. After login, claims that I need a premium account to use. Even if I dont click o...

• Music Fan
  • So the new update claims that spotify IS available free on mobile devices ? However, on my windows phone however, it is not. Every time I start it, requires a new login. After login, claims that ...
  • PJFRY
  • Music Fan
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

mark album as favourite or rate it

hi all, would like the option to mark an album i have saved in my music as a favourite, or rate it i have asked spotify support and this isnt supported .... yet .... i hope cheers dan

• Visitor
  • hi all, would like the option to mark an album i have saved in my music as a favourite, or rate it i have asked spotify support and this isnt supported .... yet .... i hope 🙂 cheers dan
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Error message on start up

=== START OF TEMPLATE === Description Opening spotify from device, error message displays as per image. Selecting okay leave a spotify fromt page, but nothing else. The error mesage can be cancelled by presing okay twice, but the application remains ...

• Casual Listener
  •  === START OF TEMPLATE ===   Description Opening spotify from device, error message displays as per image. Selecting okay leave a spotify fromt page, but nothing else. The error mesag...
  • zem2000
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

[HELP] Random Not Working

Hi, Is it me or everytime I play my lists with "Random" option on, I heard the same songs and I missed lot of them which are never played? Random seems just a pre-defined list of songs and the rest are discarded... I know in random which is going to ...

• Music Fan
  • Hi,   Is it me or everytime I play my lists with "Random" option on, I heard the same songs and I missed lot of them which are never played? Random seems just a pre-defined list of songs a...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! 0.7.9.1170, bug? Several artists in "Your music" with 0 tracks? (I have no albums or songs added)

Today the new Android-app was released to my device and I updated. For some strange reason I now on my Android device have 20 artists in my artists-list, all with 0 tracks. They are not displayed on the PC or on iPhone I have not added any songs or a...

• Regular
  • Today the new Android-app was released to my device and I updated. For some strange reason I now on my Android device have 20 artists in my artists-list, all with 0 tracks. They are not displayed on ...
  • andedrunkard
  • Roadie
  • 22 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 22 replies
  • 0 likes

blue tooth sound maxed out

I have 0.7.9.1170. A nexus 5 rooted with standard ROM. After the last update the BT volume get maxed out when I get a notification. Have anyone seen this problem?It doesn't happen when I use other media players. TIADaniel

• Music Fan
  • I have 0.7.9.1170. A nexus 5 rooted with standard ROM. After the last update the BT volume get maxed out when I get a notification. Have anyone seen this problem? It doesn't happen when I use ...
  • Varazir
  • Music Fan
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

One small annoyance with the new update for Android

I noticed this while browsing the album, the status bar is transparent. But when I'm on the Now Playing screen, the status bar goes back to the dark gradient bar. Why not keep it transparent? Please refer to my screenshots. Thanks.

• I noticed this while browsing the album, the status bar is transparent. But when I'm on the Now Playing screen, the status bar goes back to the dark gradient bar. Why not keep it transparent? Please ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

can't see my top lists for songs on mobile (android)

since the new android update i wasn't able to view my top played songs from my profile. I can only see top artists on my profile. i would like to have this feature back since i used it very much. Please respond. kind regards: long time mobile user

• Casual Listener
  • since the new android update i wasn't able to view my top played songs from my profile. I can only see top artists on my profile. i would like to have this feature back since i used it very much. &...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Updating my Galaxy S3

Hi Spotify, I have a premium account and every time I update Spotify on mt Galaxy S3, I loose all my downloaded music!! I then have to re sync my device and download it all again!! Why is this happening??? Regards Mark

• Casual Listener
  • Hi Spotify,   I have a premium account and every time I update Spotify on mt Galaxy S3, I loose all my downloaded music!! I then have to re sync my device and download it all again!! &nbsp...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Your Songs, Your Albums, and/or Your Artists Offline

Before the "Paint it Black" update, I had a problem with needing to individually add every playlist I had created. I was hoping that Your Music would be the solution to my problem. However, because my device doesn't have the space to sync with all pl...

• Music Fan
  • Before the "Paint it Black" update, I had a problem with needing to individually add every playlist I had created. I was hoping that Your Music would be the solution to my problem.   However...
  • KylePerkuhn
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

offline playlists with songs I don't want

Is there a way to download a playlist (offline) and delete those 1 or 3 songs I dont like? I could get about a GB of free memory on my android without those songs.

• Regular
  • Is there a way to download a playlist (offline) and delete those 1 or 3 songs I dont like? I could get about a GB of free memory on my android without those songs.
  • josemebius
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Audio effects gone?

Was the Audio effects section of the settings removed after the 0.7.9 update? Can't seem to find it. Thanks

• Casual Listener
  • Was the Audio effects section of the settings removed after the 0.7.9 update? Can't seem to find it. Thanks
  • prodigy10690
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes