Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cyrillic letters are shown in Roboto font

Cyrillic letters are shown in Roboto font

Plan

Premium

Country

Ukraine

Device

Samsung Galaxy M31s

Operating System

One UI 3.1 (Android 11)

Hi! Why are Cyrillic letters shown in Roboto font? There is no such problem on iOS. Unable to use application with two fonts. There is no fix from the moment Spotify was launched in Ukraine and other countries.

I am waiting for an answer 😉

photo_2022-01-26_23-22-25.jpg
3 Replies

Hi @kazhemyaka,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community!

The standard font isn't available in Cyrillic encoding, so a similar one is used instead. Keep also in mind that not all Cyrillic fonts are supported on all platforms, so they may differ.

Hope this cleared things up. The Community is always here if there's anything else you need assistance with.

Take care!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello again, @Yordan

My friend (phone: Xioami Redmi Note 9 Pro) has a normal font in the application. I don't know why.

2022-02-02 15.50.41.jpg

Hey there @kazhemyaka,

Thanks for your prompt response.

As @Yordan mentioned earlier, different devices use different preloaded Cyrillic fonts as a default setting. In this case, your friend's Xiaomi Android ROM most likely has a different default Cyrillic font than what is available on your Samsung Galaxy M31s, hence the difference in visual appearance. 

Hope this helps clarify things. Don't hesitate to give us a shout if there's anything else we can help with.

Kiril Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts