Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Debating on dropping premium, no dislike feature?

Debating on dropping premium, no dislike feature?

im really lost why i pay for premium besides occasional ads.

i listen to daily mix and weekly discovery only, i dont really save songs and listen to them later.

i HATE being forced to listed to the same song over and over again with no option of blocking it. Lets say i listen to all of the weekly playlist and only like 5 of the 30 songs played... i have no option but to keep pressing the skip button over and over to get to my selected songs. Do the devolopers even listen to the community? Theres no way im the only one to recommend this idea... its in EVERY OTHER MUSIC APP, EVERY ONE.

idk how hard it is to code in android, but i could could code this myself, me alone in one day in C# or C++ and update to SQL. No im not bragging... anyone with a few months of SQL and some other launguage would know this is very, very easy.

4 Replies

of course nothing... almost like they dont want to give us a dislike feature

Don't understand the attitude from Spotify. There are many thing's wrong / bugs in the application. I had the same thing, but after removing the tracks one by one, load a new album, restart the phone, reinstall the app the waiting / cue list was gone. The search engine is one whose needs a dog and a red/white walking stick, told them what's the use of millions of track's on the server when you must help the search engine. Connection with Chromecast in minutes or longer, found solution, install Tunein conect with Chromecast then open Spotify and connect in seconds with Chromecast. The smart volume doesn't work. When you take a look in the community, then you'll notice that many complain about the premium functions whom doesn't work. Perhaps it's the only option what may change there attitude and then they solf all the problems / bugs. I thought of the same thing. STOP WITH THE PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION. But it's not easy when you love music. Connection with Marantz also impossible, probably I must reset the M-CR611 but that's not easy push the 2 little buttons on back, remove the powercord, while holding them pushed in the power cord back in the Marantz.

i know many people at my work who could also easily code this within a day if they had access to the program and servers. Whoever the current coders of spotify are, they need to be fired ASAP. They got some overpaid people who obviously do not care for their jobs.

time to look for another music app, i feel like this dislike feature has been a rumor for years.

I think the point is that you save songs you like. You could start a new list based on those songs to get ones you like better. The algorithms only improve the more you listen. If you start a radio based on the songs you do like, you do have the option to skip songs you don't like and flag them as never play anymore. You can block a song or even a whole artist. 

If you don't use Spotify very often, it may be a better option to use a different service, but if you use Spotify the way it is intended it is a very powerful tool you can tailor exactly to your listening preferences. 

Suggested posts