Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Delete an unplayable song from playlist

Solved!

Delete an unplayable song from playlist

Hi all, I have a playlist that included a song that was later removed from Spotify. It now shows up as unplayable but still on the list. When I long-press it, the options are to go to artist or album but not to remove from the playlist. It only appears on my Android mobile app; when I open the playlist on Spotify Desktop the track does not appear at all. How can I delete this track from my playlist forever? Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi, it looks like a new bug on android - I get the same thing. However, I can remove the tracks using the desktop client. Go to your desktop client settings and make sure the option "Show unavailable songs in playlists" is turned on and you should then be able to remove the song.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi, it looks like a new bug on android - I get the same thing. However, I can remove the tracks using the desktop client. Go to your desktop client settings and make sure the option "Show unavailable songs in playlists" is turned on and you should then be able to remove the song.

Hey Joe,

So obvious, don't know how I overlooked it. That did the trick, thanks for the fast reply! Legend!

You're welcome 🙂

i tried doing it but so far it hasnt worked do i have to wait for a while or something?

It should sync straight away as long as your mobile is not offline.

is the “show unplayable songs” option still available? is it avalible on apple computers? if yes to both, how would i access it?

Does this work for Local files too? I have a song that I liked, although don't remember pressing like on it. It's grey on my computer, phone but I can unlike, nor can I highlight and delete. Spotify suggesting doing some sort of resync with other songs but I highly doubt that will fix it.

I have the same problem.

I had local songs that I don't have anymore, but they still appear in Spotify and they're greyed out. As soon as I try to delete them, they quickly appear again.

Did you solve the problem by any chance?

Suggested posts