Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Deleting songs does not clear space from phone.

Deleting songs does not clear space from phone.

Hello. I have a problem with premium spotify. I have downloaded a lot of songs to spotify. Now i want to delete some songs. When i remove them from spotify the songs are removed from playlist and i can not listen them offline. The problem is that, once the songs are removed my storage is still the same and i can not download new songs because deleting the previous songs did not free up storage from my phone.

I have a samsung galaxy S6 Edge.

Does anyone now what is the problem?

3 Replies

Hi @Constantinos!

Welcome to the Spotify Community.

It seems that your Spotify's cache files are duplicated in one of your devices. This happens for various reasons: a cache-clearing app might have deleted the original Spotify's folder or your phone's battery died while using Spotify, for example. When the app resumes the download, it creates a new cache file.

Let's try removing all of your offline devices here. This will delete also de cache file that was duplicated.

After that, just reinstall the app following these steps. Finally, you'll need to download the music again.

Let us know how it goes!

Hi @Leonardo.

Thanks for replying to my post. Unfortunately nothing happened and i still have the problem.

Same problem here. Spotify is taking up 10 gig on my device due to albums/playlists never truly being deleted.

Suggested posts