Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify crashes every time I open

I got a new ZTE Axon 7 mini today and I downloaded Spotify, but every time I try to open it a message comes up that says unfortunately, Spotify has closed.

• I got a new ZTE Axon 7 mini today and I downloaded Spotify,  but every time I try to open it a message comes up that says unfortunately,  Spotify has closed.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Confused

I have been having trouble with my downloads as of late.....mainly for offline use. I save and download my music but when I try using it in offline mode it isn't there. The music works fine online. What am I doing wrong?

• Visitor
  • I have been having trouble with my downloads as of late.....mainly for offline use. I save and download my music but when I try using it in offline mode it isn't there. The music works fine online. W...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

How to disconnect the account from the mobile?

I was mugged today and would like to know how to disconnect my spotify account from the stolen device.

• Casual Listener
  • I was mugged today and would like to know how to disconnect my spotify account from the stolen device.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Why can't I listen to my playlists?

So, I go on spotify, I listen to 5 ads, which I was already pretty mad about, and then all of a sudden it won't let me listen to my playlists. Instead there's just a notification that pops up saying to get spotify premium. I tried again 2 days later ...

• So, I go on spotify, I listen to 5 ads, which I was already pretty mad about, and then all of a sudden it won't let me listen to my playlists. Instead there's just a notification that pops up saying ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Chromecast connection breaks when start playing android

Casting form Android device is not possible anymore. App is connecting tot chromecast 2.Pushing play breaks the connection and starts locale playing.Done reinstall and phone reboot. App version 8.4.30.688

• Casual Listener
  • Casting form Android device is not possible anymore.  App is connecting tot chromecast 2. Pushing play breaks the connection and starts locale playing. Done reinstall and phone reboot. &nbsp...
  • yqb_rocknroller
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline download for samsung galaxy j3

I have never had problems having my offline downloads going to my SD card, but after some kind of update, they keep going to my phone's internal storage. I have given Spotify permission to access storage, and the in app settings are to go to the SD c...

• I have never had problems having my offline downloads going to my SD card, but after some kind of update, they keep going to my phone's internal storage. I have given Spotify permission to access sto...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

[Android Auto] App crashes when selecting Albums in Library

Hi, My Spotify/Android Auto integration works fine until i select Albums in my Library. It will then give me an error message stating that Spotify has stopped working and then crashes me back to the main Android Auto home screen. Any ideas?

• Visitor
  • Hi,   My Spotify/Android Auto integration works fine until i select Albums in my Library. It will then give me an error message stating that Spotify has stopped working and then crashes me bac...
  • hgiacumbo
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Cannot add to Playlists (Android Oreo)

Device: Pixel 2XL OS: Android 8.0 and 8.1Issue: Cannot add new tracks to playlistMore detail: When I try to add a new track to any playlist, nothing happens. After frequently tapping on adding to various playlists, it finally shows "Track is already ...

• Casual Listener
  • Device: Pixel 2XL  OS: Android 8.0 and 8.1 Issue: Cannot add new tracks to playlist More detail: When I try to add a new track to any playlist, nothing happens. After frequently tapping on ad...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Stranger Things mode not working for Stranger Things 2 Soundtrack

Assuming this is a bug, or an oversight, but the cool Stranger Things Mode on my Android App (v 8.4.31.723 armV7), does not seem to work with the Stranger Things 2 (Soundtrack from the Netflix Original Series). I've tried searching for a particular s...

• Assuming this is a bug, or an oversight, but the cool Stranger Things Mode on my Android App (v 8.4.31.723 armV7),  does not seem to work with the Stranger Things 2 (Soundtra...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • bug
    bug android
    stranger things
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Frequent Spinning Green Circle/"Go Online to Access Menu" Connectivity Problems

HI I've got a reoccurring issue with Spotify on my HTC M8 (although I'm sure I originally enountered it on my previous phone, an M7). Every 2-3 months or so I will start to encounter frequent delays and hangs when navigating menus and using various f...

• Casual Listener
  • HI   I've got a reoccurring issue with Spotify on my HTC M8 (although I'm sure I originally enountered it on my previous phone, an M7). Every 2-3 months or so I will start to encounter frequen...
  • headey
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Stuttering when display is turned off

Spotify is playing fine untill i turn the display off, then it starts to stutter on my samsung s6, it plays fine on all my other devices.Ive tried turning of battery monitoring for the app, ive tried clearing all cache and data, reinstalled the app. ...

• Spotify is playing fine untill i turn the display off, then it starts to stutter on my samsung s6, it plays fine on all my other devices. Ive tried turning of battery monitoring for the app, ive tri...
  • juancgallardo
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

[Android Auto] Critical bug - seeking track kills all audio. Must reinsert USB

Phone:Google Pixel 2OS: Android Oreo 8.0 (November update) Setup:2017 Audi A4USB C cables: standard Google one, Anker USB-C cable off Amazon Symptom:- Skipping track or changing station kills audio output. Attempting to pause, change tracks, change t...

• Phone: Google Pixel 2 OS: Android Oreo 8.0 (November update)   Setup: 2017 Audi A4 USB C cables: standard Google one, Anker USB-C cable off Amazon   Symptom: - Skipping track or ch...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Discover Weekly - Clicking the heart in notification player does not save the song to library

TL:DR:When listening to a song from Discover Weekly, clicking the heart button in the "ongoing" notification player does not save the song to your library. Longer version:I started using discover weekly recently and I remember marking a song as favou...

• Casual Listener
  • TL:DR: When listening to a song from Discover Weekly, clicking  the heart button in the "ongoing" notification player does not save the song to your library.   Longer version: I st...
  • munty70
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Volume goes max when skipping or ffwd-ing through songs with EQ on

I am using V 0.5..11.4 (0.7.1.582.g77685925) on a Galaxy Nexus phone with Android 4.2.1. I have downloaded some playlists with "extreme quality" setting. When I have the EQ/Audio Effects switched on (no matter which profile I use) and ffwd through a ...

• I am using V 0.5..11.4 (0.7.1.582.g77685925) on a Galaxy Nexus phone with Android 4.2.1. I have downloaded some playlists with "extreme quality" setting.    When I have the EQ/Audio Effec...
  • vinni
  • 11 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 6 likes

Spotify Logged Itself Out

My spotify account logged itself out and when I log back in it says I need to upgrade to premium. My playlists are gone and I have to listen to ads and can only use the shuffle feature. My bank account was charged for this months spotify. Any ideas? ...

• My spotify account logged itself out and when I log back in it says I need to upgrade to premium. My playlists are gone and I have to listen to ads and can only use the shuffle feature. My bank accou...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Not receiving Push Notifications

Hello, even though all push notifications are turned on i never receive any. Currently using a Nexus 6P running the latest marshmellow and Nexus 9 running the Android N beta Thanks in advance.

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, even though all push notifications are turned on i never receive any. Currently using a Nexus 6P running the latest marshmellow and Nexus 9 running the Android N beta Thanks in advance.
  • Jeffrey014
  • Roadie
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Android 6.0
    nexus
    Nexus 6p
    Push Notifications
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes

How can I find the offline music files?

Hi, I used download feature to keep the offline files into my device but I'd like to know where are they? Also on desktop (PC) I can't find it. I've been changed the lovatio from Device to SD card then Spotify moving all files to SD but my device's s...

• Hi,     I used download feature to keep the offline files into my device but I'd like to know where are they?   Also on desktop (PC) I can't find it.   I've been changed the ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Suddenly all music gone and new ones appeared

Suddenly all my saved music was gone and strange new songs were downloaded. How the **bleep** is that even possible??

• Suddenly all my saved music was gone and strange new songs were downloaded. How the **bleep** is that even possible?? 
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify android app not linking to sonos speakers

So I've tested on my 2 ios devices and the app works as it should, but on mine and my wife's android devices, the Spotify app will not switch over to the sonos speakers. They are selectable, but when we do, nothing happens. Please can this be investi...

• Casual Listener
  • So I've tested on my 2 ios devices and the app works as it should, but on mine and my wife's android devices, the Spotify app will not switch over to the sonos speakers. They are selectable, but when...
  • robnewman666
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Playlist stops after one song

This issue used to happen all the time, but it stopped. I thought I was good until now. All.my other playlists play with no problem, but one plays one song and stops. I have to manually skip to the next song to keep listening, which is tedious and ti...

• Casual Listener
  • This issue used to happen all the time, but it stopped. I thought I was good until now. All.my other playlists play with no problem, but one plays one song and stops. I have to manually skip to the n...
  • hobashi
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes