Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Can we listen to our local stocked music on Spotify ?

I would like to listen to my Spotify and my local music ( musics unvaible in Spotify ) in the same playlist.I know it's possible on PC, Spotify can access to our local music but it's seems harder one smartphones. Thanks for your help, and I hope I wr...

• I would like to listen to my Spotify and my local music ( musics unvaible in Spotify ) in the same playlist. I know it's possible on PC, Spotify can access to our local music but it's seems harder o...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

On screen ads can't be dismissed bug

Hi, I'm on an Android device and I don't know if it's only me, but sometimes when there's an on-screen ad that has to be dismissed, I can't press the dismiss button and it overlays the screen. I can press the other interactions of the app - song play...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I'm on an Android device and I don't know if it's only me, but sometimes when there's an on-screen ad that has to be dismissed, I can't press the dismiss button and it overlays the screen. I can ...
  • Jeresueldo
  • 4 replies
  • 24 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 24 likes

Where do downloaded playlist files go

Hi,Apologies if this is a bit dim. New to Spotify and have downloaded a playlist in order to listen to it without Internet connection. It's just over 100 songs and was expecting it to take a little while and quite a bit of memory. However it download...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, Apologies if this is a bit dim. New to Spotify and have downloaded a playlist in order to listen to it without Internet connection. It's just over 100 songs and was expecting it to take a little...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloaded songs not playing offline

Hi, so i just got premium for spotify, 2 days ago i think, so i downloaded the app on my phone and set one of my playlists to offline mode... It shows they are downloaded by the green arrow buuuuuuut when i go to play the songs offline, when im not c...

• Visitor
  • Hi,  so i just got premium for spotify, 2 days ago i think, so i downloaded the app on my phone and set one of my playlists to offline mode... It shows they are downloaded by the green arrow bu...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 6 likes

No volume when I connect spotify to my Rav4

I went to use Spotify in my Rav4 a few days ago (which is paired correctly to my 2016 Samsung J7 ( 7.0) and the song info appears on my screen with the info and the time of the song is clicking down, etc. but there is no sound. The bluetooth in the v...

• Visitor
  • I went to use Spotify in my Rav4 a few days ago (which is paired correctly to my  2016 Samsung J7 ( 7.0) and the song info appears on my screen with the info and the time of the song is clicking...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloaded songs on sdcard but not playing..

A complete Spotify cluster.....Spent hours downloading music for a trip abroad, but it has disappeared. It is however still on the sdcard as the app is using 11gb.I clear the cache, no difference.I try offline mode no difference.I check the support p...

• A complete Spotify cluster..... Spent hours downloading music for a trip abroad, but it has disappeared. It is however still on the sdcard as the app is using 11gb. I clear the cache, no difference...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

turning down volume when typing or turning my phone off

Hi.I have an Oneplus 3 phone, but resently when i either go to another app, turning my screen off or when i'm typing, spotify turns down the volume, and then turning it up again after som seconds. I find this really anoying, but I have no idea what t...

• Hi. I have an Oneplus 3  phone, but resently when i either go to another app, turning my screen off or when i'm typing, spotify turns down the volume, and then turning it up again after som sec...
  • HurlyBurly77
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Ability to View All Playlist Followers

Sorry if this have been up before, i try search and se nothing like this. and sugestions coming up, i not get why was suggested.I have spotify free on computer and tv. Works fine, no problems.All playlists is on both tv and computer. Then i try on my...

• Visitor
  • Sorry if this have been up before, i try search and se nothing like this. and sugestions coming up, i not get why was suggested. I have spotify free on computer and tv. Works fine, no problems. A...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Every 2 songs won't play

I am on a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and have Android 5.0 and the latest spotify update for it. My problem is that whenever I play a song, if i skip to another point in the song, the next song will either stop playing mid-way, or won't play at all. The ne...

• Regular
  • I am on a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and have Android 5.0 and the latest spotify update for it. My problem is that whenever I play a song, if i skip to another point in the song, the next song will either...
  • Wiikend
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Looping sound when leaving Spotify

Hey all. I just updated my onplus 3 for the newest android version 8.0.0 Now when I exit Spotify (still playing in back) the music will lope down in sound level, and a second or two after, go back to default. This also happens if Spotify is the runni...

• Hey all.   I just updated my onplus 3 for the newest android version 8.0.0    Now when I exit Spotify (still playing in back) the music will lope down in sound level, and a second ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Ad is stuck

One ad in particular (officeworks) keeps getting stuck and i cant dismiss it. I have updated and reinstalled multiple times. It is always this ad. Sooo frustrated. I can see the screens changing behind the ad ie between home, library etc but cant acc...

• One ad in particular (officeworks) keeps getting stuck and i cant dismiss it. I have updated and reinstalled multiple times. It is always this ad. Sooo frustrated. I can see the screens changing behi...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution VPN not working when logging in

I don't live where Spotify has officially released yet, so I use Tunnelbear VPN when logging into spotify.Normally I would log in through my facebook account, with my VPN on.I always ensure that my location's set to Canada, where I first got my accou...

• Casual Listener
  • I don't live where Spotify has officially released yet, so I use Tunnelbear VPN when logging into spotify. Normally I would log in through my facebook account, with my VPN on. I always ensure that ...
  • Cloudymagic
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Problemas con la reproduccion de spotify

buen dia, estuve buscando por un buen rato pero no encontre nada parecido a mi problema. resulta que tengo spotify premium, descargo las canciones para usarlas sin conexion y asi no gastar mi plan de datos, resulta y pasa que cada vez que salgo conec...

• buen dia, estuve buscando por un buen rato pero no encontre nada parecido a mi problema.   resulta que tengo spotify premium, descargo las canciones para usarlas sin conexion y asi no gastar m...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Synchronisation

Comment je pourrais faire pour que je puisse sauvegarder mes musiques sur mon téléphone portable mais quelles ne soit pas sauvegardées sur mon ipad étant sur le même compte ?

• Comment je pourrais faire pour que je puisse sauvegarder mes musiques sur mon téléphone portable mais quelles ne soit pas sauvegardées sur mon ipad étant sur le même compte ?
  • Pascaline
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Cache-size

Why does Spotify create so much cache on android phones? Fix it or loose customers.DC

• Casual Listener
  • Why does Spotify create so much cache on android phones? Fix it or loose customers. DC
  • dedo
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes

Android: Display on homescreen when playing on another device

I use Spotify on a computer and on my Android phone. Everything that I play on my computer now displays on my phone. I have no need to use up data to see what I am well aware that I am listening to on my computer. I set the app to not "Show Notificat...

• Regular
  • I use Spotify on a computer and on my Android phone. Everything that I play on my computer now displays on my phone.   I have no need to use up data to see what I am well aware that I am liste...
  • SarahDawn
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Allow user to select default sound device.

I m portuguese. Eu uso o Spotify no Android ( xiaomi mi 6). Tenho Spotify Premium, tenho playlists e musica offline. Quando estou a ouvir musica e vou mudando de musicas constantemente, chega a um ponto em que posso alterar a musica, mas nao tenho so...

• I m portuguese.  Eu uso o Spotify no Android ( xiaomi mi 6).  Tenho Spotify Premium, tenho playlists e musica offline.  Quando estou a ouvir musica e vou mudando de musicas constant...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Local files disappearing

I've had spotify premium for more than a year because i want to store offline files for car trips. I will download albums locally and all will be great - for about 2 weeks, then every single thing i've downloaded is gone. So, i must be using more dev...

• Casual Listener
  • I've had spotify premium for more than a year because i want to store offline files for car trips.  I will download albums locally and all will be great - for about 2 weeks, then every sing...
  • ilmater989
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Terrible new interface version 8.4.28.875 armv7 spotify

I just downloaded the Android app and was given a terrible app with no browse button. I contacted support through the Spotify Cares Facebook page and was told tough you are part of a beta that you didnt opt in to. **bleep**. I cant browse through any...

• I just downloaded the Android app and was given a terrible app with no browse button. I contacted support through the Spotify Cares Facebook page and was told tough you are part of a beta that you di...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes