Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Being forced to use the new interface

So, I'm being to forced to use some stupid random new interface which sucks **bleep**, has no functionality and won't let me play song I like it select. Is there anyway to change back to the normal interface. Or is it time to go back to Pandora?

• So, I'm being to forced to use some stupid random new interface which sucks **bleep**, has no functionality and won't let me play song I like it select. Is there anyway to change back to the normal i...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

spotify stops working on displaying advertising

A few days now, spotify stops playing music with a black background and the text "A brief message from our sponsers (click here)". The pause/play button reacts, but there's no sound.Only a total restart of the Galaxy 7s edge helps.UPDATE: A FEW days ...

• Music Fan
  • A few days now, spotify stops playing music with a black background and the text "A brief message from our sponsers (click here)". The pause/play button reacts, but there's no sound. Only a total re...
  • LambertChan
  • 5 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 5 likes

Solved!! Cache resets after cleaning ram

spotify cache resets after cleaning ram, force close program or restart phone. using on external storage, all permissions active (Camera, Contacts, Microphone, Phone, Storage) . every time i have to login first, connect to internet back, and check do...

• Casual Listener
  • spotify cache resets after cleaning ram, force close program or restart phone. using on external storage, all permissions active (Camera, Contacts, Microphone, Phone, Storage) .   every time i...
  • Incebel
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Not showing all songs on Android Auto

Hi when i plug my phone into my car, i load up spotify and i dont have all my songs, now i have over 300 and they dont even load up a full playlist, or even some playlists are even empty which i know they are not? any help

• Hi   when i plug my phone into my car, i load up spotify and i dont have all my songs, now i have over 300 and they dont even load up a full playlist, or even some playlists are even empty whi...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Android Wear : Browse Music

At this link:https://support.spotify.com/us/listen_everywhere/on_other_devices/android-wear/you can clearly read that u can browse music on the smartwatch but actually i cant do that.First of all to get more control, i have to tap in the middle inste...

• At this link: https://support.spotify.com/us/listen_everywhere/on_other_devices/android-wear/ you can clearly read that u can browse music on the smartwatch but actually i cant do that. First of a...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

No se ve la carátula.

No está más la carátula de álbum perteneciente a la canción que estoy escuchando en mi pantalla de bloqueo. Antes podía verse. Mi dispositivo es un Samsung A3 2016

• No está más la carátula de álbum perteneciente a la canción que estoy escuchando en mi pantalla de bloqueo. Antes podía verse. Mi dispositivo es un Samsung A3 2016
  • luismendez146
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Tracks freeze when playing in offline mode

Ok. I've tried "everything", so here goes: Spotify Premium worked a charm for years, until a couple of months ago, when I installed it on a new Galaxy J3. It's like it doesn't download all the tracks properly - nearly all tracks have each their point...

• Casual Listener
  • Ok. I've tried "everything", so here goes:   Spotify Premium worked a charm for years, until a couple of months ago, when I installed it on a new Galaxy J3. It's like it doesn't download all t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Constant notification every new action in Spotify. Android 8.0

Currently if I am listening music in the computer, the phone makes a notification sound multiple times (around 8 times) each time a new song is played or a new action is made in the spotify web player.If you need any more detail I will provide it gla...

• Casual Listener
  • Currently if I am listening music in the computer, the phone makes a notification sound multiple times (around 8 times) each time a new song is played or a new action is made in the spotify web playe...
  • alsastre
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Concert Hall sound effect persists outside of app

It appears that the Concert hall sound effect in the Equalizer menu persists outside of the app. If I play videos from youtube/facebook/gallery for example, these videos gain the reverb effect also. If I disable the effect in the Spotify app the issu...

• It appears that the Concert hall sound effect in the Equalizer menu persists outside of the app.   If I play videos from youtube/facebook/gallery for example, these videos gain the reverb effe...
  • BoredFish
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • concert hall
    Galaxy
    reverb
    s8
    Samsung
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Problems logging in

I'm trying to use the app on my phone and get "You are currently set to offline. Please go online to connect to Spotify." It happened to me recently and I ended up uninstalling and reinstalling the app to get it to work. There has to be another answe...

• I'm trying to use the app on my phone and get "You are currently set to offline. Please go online to connect to Spotify." It happened to me recently and I ended up uninstalling and reinstalling the a...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Radio station reaches end of list and stops playing music

While listening to the radio on my Moto Z Force Droid's Spotify app, I can listen to the songs that are pre-populated when opening the station but once the last song plays in the radio station, the music stops instead of having "more songs load as yo...

• Casual Listener
  • While listening to the radio on my Moto Z Force Droid's Spotify app, I can listen to the songs that are pre-populated when opening the station but once the last song plays in the radio station, the m...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Samsung S6 Edge - Stuttering audio glitches (after screen off?)

Hi all, I'm having issues with Spotify on my S6 Edge. Whether through headphones or over bluetooth, the songs have little glitches in the audio, as if the audio is pausing for a fraction of a second before restarting. The glitches happen in different...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi all,   I'm having issues with Spotify on my S6 Edge. Whether through headphones or over bluetooth, the songs have little glitches in the audio, as if the audio is pausing for a fraction of ...
  • juancgallardo
  • Casual Listener
  • 8 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 3 likes

Error code 1003 Error: Er is geen Spotify-account aan je Facebook-account gekoppeld.

Hi , I triedf to log in to my spotify account , I had premium but something went wrong in the payment this month and now I cant log in to my account anymore only on the web player not on my phone or computer I keep getting this error code Error: Er i...

• Hi ,  I triedf to log in to my spotify account , I had premium but something went wrong in the payment this month and now I cant log in to my account anymore only on the web player not on my ph...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

Galaxy S7 Edge can't download Spotify app

Hi, I have just signed up for Spotify premium (never used Spotify before). When I try to download the app via the Spotify web following the Spotify on Android with Google Play, an error message comes up: Sorry, this content is not available in your c...

• Hi,    I have just signed up for Spotify premium (never used Spotify before). When I try to download the app via the Spotify web following the Spotify on Android with Google Play, an erro...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify app doesn't let me access after changing the facebook password

Hello,I log in through facebook account. Whenever i change my facebook password,spotify goes online and when I try to access it asks me to go online but it doesn't work, black screen and nothing happens. Is there anyone who had the same problem? Than...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, I log in through facebook account. Whenever i change my facebook password,spotify goes online and when I try to access it asks me to go online but it doesn't work, black screen and nothing ...
  • NEsteng
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Sonos Play 1 connection issue

I bought a Sonos Play 1 and Spotify often has a lot of problems to list Sonos under available devices. Sometimes it tries to connect and then nothing, sometimes you cannot see device listed.I tried reinstall App, it works a few the same problem. I re...

• I bought a Sonos Play 1 and Spotify often has a lot of problems to list Sonos under available devices. Sometimes it tries to connect and then nothing, sometimes you cannot see device listed. I tried...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Sound reduced when locking phone and starts texting

So, since the latest update of the Android (or spotify), whenever I lock my phone, the sound is reduced for 3 seconds and then comes back. Same thing happens if I start to write something on the phone (Even search for a song on Spotify) or just plain...

• So, since the latest update of the Android (or spotify), whenever I lock my phone, the sound is reduced for 3 seconds and then comes back. Same thing happens if I start to write something on the phon...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Ad ends but app thinks it's still going

I'm having an issue where an ad will play and than it will end however the app thinks the ad is still playing so it won't play any music. If I try to hit shuffle it will tell me I need premium to go ad free and it won' play music.

• Casual Listener
  • I'm having an issue where an ad will play and than it will end however the app thinks the ad is still playing so it won't play any music. If I try to hit shuffle it will tell me I need premium to go ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Changed phone

Got a new phone. Log in to spotify on new phone, playlist is gone and I no longer have the premium service

• Got a new phone.  Log in to spotify on new phone, playlist is gone and I no longer have the premium service
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

la app se cierra al apagar la pantalla

Hola soy usuario premiun. Tengo un Sony Xperia y cuando reproduzco canciones online o descargadas y apago la pantalla la reproducción se detiene. Por favor necesito su ayuda.

• Casual Listener
  • Hola soy usuario premiun. Tengo un Sony Xperia y cuando reproduzco canciones online o descargadas y apago la pantalla la reproducción se detiene. Por favor necesito su ayuda.
  • Netohn
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes