Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Deploying to Jordan; intend on using offline feature, but gone longer than 30 days

Solved!

Deploying to Jordan; intend on using offline feature, but gone longer than 30 days

Hi All,

The short and simple of the matter is this; 

I use Spotify Premium pretty much for all my music requirements. I used to have a lot of saved music, however I am a big fan of spotify and solely use that now.

My question however is this; I'm deploying to Jordan in 2 weeks time and do not have (nor intend) to download all the music I used to have.

I have used the spotify offline feature which I intend to do again, however what happens after the 30 day time-frame? I'm not sure if I will be able to re-connect to the internet or not (it's possible, but I cannot be sure). I have no qualms continuing to keep my premium subscription for the service, just about continuing to enjoy my music / playlists without a drastic change in operations.

Any thoughts if this is possible or a workaround is in place? Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi and welcome to the forums! I'm sorry to say that there's no workaround for this: you have to go online every 30 days so that the phone can confirm that your Premium is still active. The offline tracks will be disabled after 30 days of no internet, unfortunately.

It is worth noting though that if you can briefly get on WiFi every few weeks (just to turn on online mode and confirm the account's status), there's no issue with being in Jordan: Premium does give you international access, unlike Free.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi and welcome to the forums! I'm sorry to say that there's no workaround for this: you have to go online every 30 days so that the phone can confirm that your Premium is still active. The offline tracks will be disabled after 30 days of no internet, unfortunately.

It is worth noting though that if you can briefly get on WiFi every few weeks (just to turn on online mode and confirm the account's status), there's no issue with being in Jordan: Premium does give you international access, unlike Free.

I think I should be able to manage a brief wi-fi access every few weeks to keep it active. Thank you for the prompt response!

@twiztidsoulz wrote:

I think I should be able to manage a brief wi-fi access every few weeks to keep it active. Thank you for the prompt response!

No problem! Just note that Spotify doesn't automatically detect wifi access if offline mode is engaged: you'll have to go into Settings and turn it off/on each time. 

I'm a submarine sailor in the navy and I sometimes go out to sea for longer than 30 days and have no internet access during that time. The offline feature gets me through shorter periods. Still no workaround that'll help me?

@user-removed wrote:

I'm a submarine sailor in the navy and I sometimes go out to sea for longer than 30 days and have no internet access during that time. The offline feature gets me through shorter periods. Still no workaround that'll help me?

I recommend you contact Spotify Support using the form here. They may be able to do something for your account, but I'm not aware of anything that can be done as I believe this is a requirement enforced by the record labels.

You will get an automated reply at first, however if you need to chase them just reply to the email as it does get monitored.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Suggested posts