Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Device don't appear under "Devices", Local files won't sync

Device don't appear under "Devices", Local files won't sync

I have an Android phone and I'm trying to sync my computer playlist to my phone. I looked in the forums and I don't understand the discussion about entering numbers in the router. That might be my issue but I don't know what to do with the router. Please help.

6 Replies

Hi. I moved your post to the android section. Can you please describe exactly what difficulty you're having and what you've tried so far?

I have tried updating spitify, closing and reopening my computer application, restarting my router, and uninstalling and then reinstalling the spotify app on my phone. Any other ideas? Thanks.

And your mobile doesn't appear under devices in the desktop client when spotify is running on it using the same wifi? On the desktop machine, disable any firewall and security software you may be running and see if that helps.

No offense, but that is a bad idea. I'm not going to disable my firewall because that is what protects my computer, right? There has to be another way to trouble shoot this issue.

No offense taken. In that case take a look at your firewall logs to see if it has blocked spotify and use that information to create the necessary exceptions for spotify to work. The same goes for any antivirus/security software you're running.

How exaclty do I do that? (I have a Mac)

Suggested posts