Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify connect on s23 ultra vs on s21 ultra

Spotify connect on s23 ultra vs on s21 ultra

Hello 

My to galaxy ultra phones are connected to the same wifi router where my Rose 150 network player is.

Both have same settings in the app, both logged in with my account , premium user 

My S21 ultra identifies the network player as well as other players. My S23 ultra identifies only chrome cast as target players.

See attached screenshots.

Screenshot_20230628_023129_Spotify.jpg
Screenshot_20230628_023034_Spotify.jpg
9 Replies

Hey @menim,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

If one of the phone sees all the devices through Connect and the other one doesn't, you should look for the reason for this behavior in the network settings of the affected phone. You can try resetting the router and/or using a hot spot from both phones to check if this brings any change.

Let us know how that went,

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Both phones are connected to the same mesh network.

I also tried connecting them both to my router specifically on 2.4 and 5 GHz and got the same behavior.

Note that one phone (S21 Ultra) shows also the chromecast devices I have on my network as well as web players and my Rose 150 player while the other one (S23 Ultra) shows only the chromecast devices on that network.

I also tried configuring both for local devices only and the result is the same.

Network settings on the phones seems to be identical.

Are you familiar with the differences in spotify connect protocols between chromecast and the spotify web player ?

perhaps if we understand how they differ, we can have better focus on where to look for as they seem to work differently if one shows and the other one doesnt.

Meni

will appreciate updates if possible...

what is the difference between chromecast and non chromecast players in terms of spotify connect ?

Hi there @menim,

Thanks for the reply. Chromecast devices will receive file tracks encoded with AAC with a maximum bitrate of 256 kbps, while Spotify Connect devices can receive the best quality audio encoded in OGG Vorbis at a bitrate of approx. 320 kbps. This is the only difference we are aware of. Have you tried connecting all your devices to a different network (like a hotspot from your phone) and checking if this makes any difference? 

Let us know how it goes.

JoanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Joan,

My network player is connected by ethernet cable while my mobile devices are connected wirelessly.

I had my spotify account connected to Alexa and I removed that connection -- can there be leftovers that can tamper with the discovery of spotify connect devices ?

When a spotify connect device is discovered on any of the devices, if i connect to it. it will appear on my S23 Ultra as well, at least for a while. If will have the three dots menu near its entry in the device connection dialog. If i click forget -- it will vanish on my S23 Ultra but remain visible on my other devices. 

I just tried playing with it again and my S23 Ultra started to discover my Spotify connect player as if the problem didn't exist before. 

Do the web player, windows and mac players also provide the ability to bind with a spotify connect device ?

With respect to the differences between chromecast and spotify connect devices, other than bitrate, aren't there any differences in the way they are discovered over network ? For them to be identical, Spotify needs to implement the Chromecast discovery part of the protocol and I assume Spotify didn't follow the exact bytecode from Chromecast, so I suspect spotify connect uses a different discovery protocol, any way to get details on the discovery method ?

Thanks ! 

Hey there @menim,

Thanks for keeping in touch. We appreciate you taking the time to send all those details.

At the moment, we don’t have more info about this specific situation, but we’re taking a closer look at it. All the info you’ve shared has been forwarded to the right team. We appreciate your feedback as it helps inform our decisions going forward, but just as a heads up, we’re not able to confirm when this specific issue will be resolved.

In the meantime, we recommend keeping your Spotify app up-to-date to guarantee you get the latest features and fixes. 

Have a nice day!

Susan_GPModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I habe this exact Problem. What is going on. At first i could still find my Yamaha AVR but hat is gone now too.

And i just made it work again by deactivating Music Share and Dolby Atmos and also switching to using my Phone Mac address in my home WiFi and then restarting the Phone. Not sure what did it in the end

Same Issue: S23+ and my Galaxy Tab 7 and another S21 all in the same Wifi. All devices can see our Sonos Move, except for the S23+, which can only see the device, if one of the other devices is playing something from Spotify on the Move. Then the Move shows up briefly in the Connect to Device list of the S23+. 

Suggested posts