Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Discover Weekly in Stations app thumbs up and down meaning

Solved!

Discover Weekly in Stations app thumbs up and down meaning

Hi,

I'm new to Spotify (coming from Pandora) and I'm a little lost in the features 😉 I see that Discover weekly is present both in the Spotify app and in the Stations app. In the Spotify app there are the heart and dislike buttons, while in the Stations app there are thumbs up and down. Are they connected? If I touch thumbs up in the Stations app will I see a heart for that song in the Spotify app? Otherwise what is the effect?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @zombieagain, hope you're enjoying Spotify and the Stations app so far, and thanks for posting your question! Yes, if you tap the thumbs up icon in Stations, it will mark the song as a favorite (heart icon) in Spotify, or if you have already marked a song as a favorite in Spotify, you'll see that song with a thumbs up if it plays in Stations. On the other hand, I just did some testing of all of this, and I can't find a correlation between the thumbs down in Stations and the dislike icon in Spotify, so I am assuming those are unrelated. Unfortunately, with Stations still being relatively new I don't have any more specifics on that aspect of its functionality, but I hope that helps a bit!

dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey @zombieagain, hope you're enjoying Spotify and the Stations app so far, and thanks for posting your question! Yes, if you tap the thumbs up icon in Stations, it will mark the song as a favorite (heart icon) in Spotify, or if you have already marked a song as a favorite in Spotify, you'll see that song with a thumbs up if it plays in Stations. On the other hand, I just did some testing of all of this, and I can't find a correlation between the thumbs down in Stations and the dislike icon in Spotify, so I am assuming those are unrelated. Unfortunately, with Stations still being relatively new I don't have any more specifics on that aspect of its functionality, but I hope that helps a bit!

dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts