Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Discover downloaded songs

Solved!

Discover downloaded songs

I have downloaded a bunch of songs on Spotify on Android and I have the com.spotify.music folder backed up.

How do I make my new phone switch to microSD storage, and discover these downloaded songs once I replace the com.spotify.music folder, instead of downloading everything agian?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Jiehfeng,

Unfortunately, it's not possible to transfer downloaded songs to a new phone due to the files being encrypted and locked to the device they were actually downloaded on. So, you will need to redownload your tracks to your new phone through the normal methods in the Spotify app. 

As for setting up Spotify to work with your microSD card, if you'll tap on your profile photo at the top left of the screen, then tap the gear icon towards the top right of your profile page, that will get you to Spotify's settings. From there, just scroll to the bottom of the page, and you should see a "storage" option. Tap that, and choose where you would like your music data to be stored.

dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey @Jiehfeng,

Unfortunately, it's not possible to transfer downloaded songs to a new phone due to the files being encrypted and locked to the device they were actually downloaded on. So, you will need to redownload your tracks to your new phone through the normal methods in the Spotify app. 

As for setting up Spotify to work with your microSD card, if you'll tap on your profile photo at the top left of the screen, then tap the gear icon towards the top right of your profile page, that will get you to Spotify's settings. From there, just scroll to the bottom of the page, and you should see a "storage" option. Tap that, and choose where you would like your music data to be stored.

dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts