Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Disturbance in playback when I lock my screen

Disturbance in playback when I lock my screen

Disturbance in playback occurs when I lock my screen and the screen goes black. When I hit the screen and the screen lights up, playback goes normal. Disturbance is like the one you would have when there was a temporary problem with the internet connection. I am using Samsung Galaxy S20 FE and Android 12
3 Replies

Hey @osevas

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

Just to confirm, has this always happened or did this started happening after a specific event such as an update?

On another note, it's well worth running a clean reinstall of the app on your phone to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble. 

Also, would you mind checking if the same happens if you log in to your account on a different phone? 

Let us know how it goes. 

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

hi Eni,

This is pretty recent.  I think it started after I installed a system update that came from Samsung.  

I did re-install.  It didn't help.

I can listen on web player with no issues.

I looked at Sleeping Apps in Android and Spotify was not there.  Data Saver is off.  I removed Music widget. This didn't help.  I made Spotify unrestricted for battery use.  This didn't help, either. 

It feels like something is trying to block Spotify when the screen is locked, and Spotify is trying to continue playing.  I can't figure out what.

Hey @osevas,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Would it be possible to reach out to Samsung support and ask if there's any system setting on your specific device that might be causing this? From what you're describing it does indeed sound like a service trying to block the app in the background.

Let us know how it goes!

Take care,

MihailYModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts