Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Dj repeats same songs

Solved!

Dj repeats same songs

If I'm listening to the DJ AI channel on mobile and pause it, when I start listening on desktop, it usually picks up where I left off. If I listen for a while, then go back to mobile, it starts back where I paused on mobile earlier and plays all the same songs, the same dj commentary, even if I press the DJ button it still goes through like the playlist has already been set. And that may be by design but it's kind of annoying. Android app, Windows desktop.
36 Replies

Hey @user-removed,

Thanks for reaching out and for reporting this!
We've relayed the info to the right folks and, albeit we can't set an exact timeframe for this yet, hopefully it will get looked into soon 🙂

Keep your app up to date in the meantime 🙌🏼
Cheers!

VasilModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

This started happening for me while using android auto as well. Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday this week it played the exact set of songs it played last Thursday including a group that it said was stuff I listen to on Thursdays.

Had a drive yesterday and today the same exact dj breaks and songs are playing on my desktop.  This AI DJ is promising but how on earth can it take so long to fix this bug?

This is happening to me too.  I have an extremely varied selection of music with multiple playlists, and DJ keeps playing the same tracks .  I have also noticed that shuffle does not work properly as I have playlists with tracks never being played as shuffle plays the same tracks, but that's for another post I guess.

(edit to add, because it wouldn't let me edit). I am listening on Mac OS, but also on android phone

I don’t even have to alternate between devices. What started out as a varied experience across artists and eras five months ago has now become very repetitive. The hyperparameters need to be tweaked. Maybe, a Monte Carlo tree search to determine why I’m getting the same Strokes song three times a day, guys. I like James Brown, but I don’t need that 5 song cluster twice in three days. My ears can’t take all this sameness. Have your dudes do a little backpropagation and weight adjustment so the DJ can figure out I don’t need that much Morrissey when I’m mountain biking.

Thank you

I have an iPhone, sometimes in the morning, it’s like it doesn’t know it’s the next day. I even shut my phone down and tried playing other songs from my other playlists. Nope, nothing worked to get him to shut up with the same songs AI DJ kept going back too. It’s highly annoying. I also wish I. Old then Off certain genres. I don’t like those at all. The genres I do like, not enough variety, at times. 

Almost always listen through Android Auto. More often than not, in DJ mode, whatever song ends a set before the DJ announces a new set, the new set will play the last song from the previous set as the second song in the new set.

My concern is, if the song selection is AI based on my listening habits, I'm afraid when I skip past that second song, because I already heard it two songs ago, it'll think I don't like the song. I've been skipping past those repeated song in the next song blocks for quite a while.

The DJ mostly does good at picking songs, but then it starts to hallucinate on what it thinks I like. I just hope that by skipping songs I like just because it recently played it, that it doesn't get the wrong idea of what I want to hear. Perhaps that's what confuses the DJ to believe I like Missy Elliot, which I DON'T!!!, and thinks I should be listening to that genre of music from time to time. I NEVER listened to Missy Elliot, or anything NEAR that genre on Spotify, in my life.

Dj spotify is the most**bleep** feature to spotify. It gives you a limited amount of music without a feature to remove or dislike the music you want to avoid, It will play the same tedious playlist over and over again it almost feels torturous due to the lack of variety of songs. Its even worse when spotify suggest mainstream music 

This is so annoying TBH. The AI DJ keeps playing the same playlists and saying the same things over and over. How is this resolved?

it will say "alright I'm giving you want you listened to in 2023, or 2020 or 2022". its never anything else but them. It doesnt shuffle songs. it just gives me the same ones all the time

I know this is over a year later but this problem still persists and it's hella annoying and making me want to stop using Spotify. Y'all have one sec or what?

When using the DJ feature through Alexa or other Bluetooth speakers, the DJ’s announcements are missing. It’s about time that crossfade also worked on Bluetooth speakers too. You’ve had long enough now to attend to that issue 

Hi lyubka 

It's been 9 months now. Has there been any progress?

Day 5 of daily usage, and the DJ is still just playing the same set every day.

Apparently I didn't start using Spotify until 2022(listening 10+ years) the way the DJ is pulling songs.  A bit frustrating as I like the feature but it's like the oldest history is completely forgotten. 

Any news on this?  It's been a year and this is still a problem.

Suggested posts