Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Do songs stay downloaded on device after premium subscription ends?

Solved!

Do songs stay downloaded on device after premium subscription ends?

I just wanted to know if the songs that I download during my premium subscription stick around for offline play after the subscription ends?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey ihuman007! Welcome to the community!

Nope, unfortunately your offline songs will be removed from your device after your subscription ends. You can always subscribe to Spotify Premium again to save your songs offline again and enjoy on-demand, ad-free listening!

Have a nice day! 🙂

HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

That will only work for 30 days @Sewerduck

"Premium subscribers must go online with Spotify at least once every 30 days. This is so Spotify can check that your subscription is still active and count track plays to compensate artists.

If you don’t go online with Spotify at least once every 30 days, any tracks you have downloaded for offline listening are automatically removed from your device."

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey ihuman007! Welcome to the community!

Nope, unfortunately your offline songs will be removed from your device after your subscription ends. You can always subscribe to Spotify Premium again to save your songs offline again and enjoy on-demand, ad-free listening!

Have a nice day! 🙂

HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Just download all you want, then when your subscription ends, always go offline before using spotify so that it can't connect and update the status of your subscription. There is no way for the offline app to know you have expired.

Marked as solution

That will only work for 30 days @Sewerduck

"Premium subscribers must go online with Spotify at least once every 30 days. This is so Spotify can check that your subscription is still active and count track plays to compensate artists.

If you don’t go online with Spotify at least once every 30 days, any tracks you have downloaded for offline listening are automatically removed from your device."

Suggested posts