Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

(solved) Tip - Cannot Log in on Android

Hi there - I'm just reposting this from my original post on the old Spotify forum at getsatisfaction, because it seemed that several people per month were using the post to solve their troubles (Solved) - Tip: Cannot log in on android Thought I'd pos...

• Hi there - I'm just reposting this from my original post on the old Spotify forum at getsatisfaction, because it seemed that several people per month were using the post to solve their troubles 🙂&nb...
  • upeters48104
  • 13 replies
  • 13 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 13 likes

Solved!! Premium User. Shuffle Won't Work. Can't Rewind.

Hello. I just purchased Premium today. Paid it with my ATM card, purchased the 6 months of Premium option. However, it didn't go well.I started my Spotify app on my phone (ASUS Zenfone 2, Android OS), opened the "now playing" section, the "now playin...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello.   I just purchased Premium today. Paid it with my ATM card, purchased the 6 months of Premium option. However, it didn't go well. I started my Spotify app on my phone (ASUS Zenfone 2, ...
  • AzeemAzz27
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Premium
    rewind
    shuffle
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Reorganizing songs in a playlist

Hello everyone. I have a Galaxy S5, and I've been trying to reorganize my songs in my playlists, but there does not seem to be a way to do that, like in ITunes. Am I missing something? Can I do it through my desktop at least? It seems that this shoul...

• Hello everyone. I have a Galaxy S5, and I've been trying to reorganize my songs in my playlists, but there does not seem to be a way to do that, like in ITunes. Am I missing something? Can I do it th...
  • Gayilluminati
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify Eating Through Data

I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, and regularly plug in my phone to listen to Spotify while I drive using Android Auto. I've done this for months with zero issue, but last month Spotify went nuts using my data in the background and I had to completely...

• I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, and regularly plug in my phone to listen to Spotify while I drive using Android Auto. I've done this for months with zero issue, but last month Spotify went nuts usin...
  • Gayilluminati
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Music stops playing when phone locks

HiWhen my phone goes to lock screen spotify will play but sometimes the song stopsHas anyone any ideas

• Hi When my phone goes to lock screen spotify will play but sometimes the song stops Has anyone any ideas
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify closes itself from time to time

Spotify closes itself from time to time.Sometimes it closes 3x during the duration of a track. It is really annoying.

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify closes itself from time to time. Sometimes it closes 3x during the duration of a track. It is really annoying.
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify deletes all the downloaded songs

Suddenly Spotify deletes all the downloaded songs.That happened about 5 times already. I have more than 1000 downloaded songs and had to download everything again all of the times.It's really annoying when i'm on the road without internet connection ...

• Casual Listener
  • Suddenly Spotify deletes all the downloaded songs. That happened about 5 times already. I have more than 1000 downloaded songs and had to download everything again all of the times. It's really...
  • CryticalAce
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

widget in notification pulldown is HUGE now

I've got a Samsung Galaxy S5, and after a recent update, the little widget with the album art and forward/pause/back controls went from being fairly small, about the same size as a new text or email notification, to being frickin' giant, and taking u...

• Roadie
  • I've got a Samsung Galaxy S5, and after a recent update, the little widget with the album art and forward/pause/back controls went from being fairly small, about the same size as a new text or email ...
  • BeerTanK
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

connection issues

I'm listening to spotify at the gym as usual using my andriod phone and now it keeps trying to connect to something other than my phone even when I click on to listen on this phone. The other device starts with a SM- something.

• I'm listening to spotify at the gym as usual using my andriod phone and now it keeps trying to connect to something other than my phone even when I click on to listen on this phone. The other device ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

How to stop Spotify from opening automatically when connecting phone to Bluetooth device

Spotify keeps opening up automatically on my phone Everytime my phone connects to my car audio through Bluetooth. I don't want to use Spotify Everytime it connects.

• Spotify keeps opening up automatically on my phone Everytime my phone connects to my car audio through Bluetooth. I don't want to use Spotify Everytime it connects.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium isnt working

I've recently purchased the premium and have confirmed that the payment has passed but yet I still cannot use the premium features. I have tried every method in the support menu and I've read previous comments that have similar issues. I'd like to kn...

• I've recently purchased the premium and have confirmed that the payment has passed but yet I still cannot use the premium features. I have tried every method in the support menu and I've read previou...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Get Spotify working on Moto Display Moto e2 5.1

I own a Moto e2 3G xt1511 with Android 5.1, and I have Spotify Premium. I also use Moto Display, but Spotify doesn't show controls for it. I know that feature is on 6.0, but I also own the same model as my job phone and it does have spotify controls ...

• I own a Moto e2 3G xt1511 with Android 5.1, and I have Spotify Premium. I also use Moto Display, but Spotify doesn't show controls for it. I know that feature is on 6.0, but I also own the same model...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

USB OTG Support

I was thinking about getting an external dac for my HTC One M8 and I was wondering if the HQ audio (I'm a subscriber) supports USB OTG so I can get the raw file out to my DAC?I found this post: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Android/USB-audio-...

• Casual Listener
  • I  was thinking about getting an external dac for my HTC One M8 and I was wondering if the HQ audio (I'm a subscriber) supports USB OTG so I can get the raw file out to my DAC? I found t...
  • Jake-Grabowski
  • Music Fan
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes

All songs disappeared

Hi,all songs which I safe directly with the +-button disappeared. I had a lot but sometimes it was only available online not offline. Now everything is gone. What should I do to bring them back?

• Hi, all songs which I safe directly with the +-button disappeared. I had a lot but sometimes it was only available online not offline. Now everything is gone. What should I do to bring them back?
  • brunobeolchi
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Android equalizer

Hi guysI cant find equalizer on my huawei p8, there is no option like this in settings.Can you help me?

• Hi guys I cant find equalizer on my huawei p8, there is no option like this in settings. Can you help me?
  • TeunQ
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! In thailand

Heya im in thailand åt the moment and my iphone died so i had to buy a new thai One.. My only problem now is that i cant download spotify on it.. So i cant use my premium accunt.. Dö anyone know how i can listen to Music without the app?

• Casual Listener
  • Heya im in thailand åt the moment and my iphone died so i had to buy a new thai One.. My only problem now is that i cant download spotify on it.. So i cant use my premium accunt.. Dö anyone know how ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Missing features into restyled playlists

Hi everyone,I notice some features are missing into playlists like "Today's Top Hits", "mint", "DancePOP" that have been affected by new restyling: 1) It disappeared Shuffle green button replaced by Play button. Now I have to push Shuffle button into...

• Hi everyone, I notice some features are missing into playlists like "Today's Top Hits", "mint", "DancePOP" that have been affected by new restyling:   1) It disappeared Shuffle green but...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Desktop
    New Layout
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Looking for a Song I have played on my Android one hour ago...

...I listened to a song one hour ago on my phone and now I can't find a history or something like that and I would like to listen to it again - please help! thank you!

• Casual Listener
  • ...I listened to a song one hour ago on my phone and now I can't find a history or something like that and I would like to listen to it again - please help! thank you!
  • mcz2
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes