Country

Austria

Device

Samsung Galaxy A70

Operating System

Android 11 (Samsungs One UI 3.1)

Spotify Version

My Question or Issue

I have a bunch of playlists that I made in my library. I also sort them in folders.

Now for example: I have a folder with 6 playlists. When I open one of said playlists and press to download the playlist, go back to my library/the root folder. it still says 6 playlists in that folder, but when I open the folder, the downloaded playlist does not show up. Happens with all the playlists I have, regardless of which folder/foldername, when I download them.

The playlists do not get deleted (thank god) since I can see them on my PC.

Playlists that are not in folders can be downloaded and show up just fine.

I deleted app cache/app data, and of course then the playlists showed up again, because they were not downloaded, but when I download them again, they disappear again.
I also uninstalled/reinstalled the app, bug is still happening.

I attached a video/screen recording where you can see the issue. I download the playlist with the "5" in the name and bada bing bada boom its gone.

Thank you in advance.

EDIT: I should mention I am saving stuff to internal storage.

EDIT 2: When I filter my library for "downloaded", it still does not show up.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi Everyone, 

Happy to report this issue has now been fixed on my Spotify app (Pixel 3XL/ Android, Spotify Version 8.6.34.749) - I can now see all of my downloaded playlists in the My Library section (within my folders).

Thanks Team @ Spotify!

View solution in original post

13 Replies

Hello, I have the same issue. On my PC, all my folders, playlist are there with their songs. When I open the app on my phone (Google Pixel 3XL / Android), the folders are there but the songs and playlists are missing. It seems this started to happen after the last android update.

I'm experiencing the same issue on my Samsung phone since 05/28. Whatever playlist I download, it just disappears from my list. But when I search for the playlist and remove the download, it shows back up on my list.

Same issues here to a T. On both my Z Fold 2 and Tab S7+ as of 5/28/21. Can manually search for the playlists via the search bar, but this defeats the purpose for placing them in the folder. 

I have the same issues with my Sony Xperia 5 ii. I downloaded the playlist to my SD card.

EDIT: this is a known issues: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Mobile-Playlists-disappear-from-Your-Library-after-b...

I'm experiencing the same issue on a Samsung Galaxy S8 Active on Spotify Version 8.6.30.889

Here's a link to video depicting how I recreated the issue.

As depicted in the video, folders stored in the root collection will indicate that they have multiple playlists nested within them. After navigating into a folder with multiple playlists, only non-downloaded playlists are shows. When a non-downloaded playlists is then downloaded, it disappears from the folder. 

Potentially useful information: I am not on offline mode. I am connected to Wifi. The playlists do appear still on desktop and web players. Music is stored on an SD card. Download quality is set to Very High. This issue is only recently apparent. Downloaded playlists within folders were viewable as recently as last week (5/23/21)

I have to same issue on Android 11 / Pixel 3XL / Spotify Version 8.6.30.889.

I could see all my downloaded playlists in my folders yesterday.

I then had to uninstall/ reinstall the app on my phone because of issues connecting my phone with Spotify Connect to my laptop, so now when I download a playlist on my phone it disappears from my folder view.

I can still access the playlists by the search section, via my profile and searching in My Library but they do not appear in my Library via folder view.

I have the same issue as well. It only started happening after Spotify updated on my LG G7 phone. Even if I click "Downloads" at the top of My Library, they still do not appear. Luckily I can search for the playlists in My Library and play them then. It definitely feels like a problem with the new library look update.

I have the same issue on my Huawei P30 lite. Premium in South Africa. Issue began 2 days ago. Uninstalled and reinstalled the app, and it still gives the same issue. Unable to select any playlists.

Hey folks, 

Thanks for reaching out to the Community. 

We’re aware of an Ongoing Issue causing the behavior that you describe and the team in charge is currently looking into it.

In this case, we’d recommend adding your +VOTE to this Ongoing Issue. You can also subscribe to it by clicking the three-dot menu next to the title and we’ll keep you updated with any relevant updates there.

Don't hesitate to let us know if anything else comes up. 

Cheers.

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Same here for 2-3 days. But if the playlist is not in a folder you can download it without disappearing. So a workaround would be to not use folders but I hope the bug is fixed asap. Reinstalling did not help fyi. So if you don't want to download everything again don't deinstall and wait for the update 

Device: Sony XZ2 

Android 10 

Same here - they **bleep** something up on the server side and messed up all the downloaded playlists. I had to clear cache, uninstall the app, re-install it, and then download everything again. The songs are all there for now.
Marked as solution

Hi Everyone, 

Happy to report this issue has now been fixed on my Spotify app (Pixel 3XL/ Android, Spotify Version 8.6.34.749) - I can now see all of my downloaded playlists in the My Library section (within my folders).

Thanks Team @ Spotify!

Hi there @shayne_harris,

Thank you for your reply and confirmation.

We're really glad to hear that everything works as it should for you again.

Let us know if we can help you with anything else 🙂

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts