Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Enable secure playback on Ecosia

PlanFreeCountryUnited StatesDeviceGalaxy Tab A (2017)Operating SystemAndroid Pie My Question or IssueHow can I enable secure playback in the Ecosia app? I tried going to the Google website, didn't work. I tried searching how to enable secure playback...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country United States Device Galaxy Tab A (2017) Operating System Android Pie   My Question or Issue How can I enable secure playback in the Ecosia app? I tried going to the ...
  • Jack_Scheeren
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify App Does not play songs

PlanPremiumCountryDeutschlandDeviceSamsung Galaxy 8Operating SystemAndroid 9 My Question or IssueGood afternoon,I have had a problem with my Spotify app on my Samsung S8 for several days.I start the app and it doesn't happen but the timeline doesn't ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Deutschland Device Samsung Galaxy 8 Operating System Android 9   My Question or Issue Good afternoon, I have had a problem with my Spotify app on my Samsung S8 fo...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Facebook Connections

Good evening.Why is there no opt-out from Facebook services? I don't use Facebook and i don't want Facebook to collect data from me.But there a thousands of connections to their servers, outgoing from the Spotify App. PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceP...

• Casual Listener
  • Good evening. Why is there no opt-out from Facebook services?  I don't use Facebook and i don't want Facebook to collect data from me. But there a thousands of connections to their servers, o...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Album Cover Blur Doesn't Work

PlanPremiumCountryTurkeyDeviceSamsung A70Operating SystemAndroid 10 My Question or IssueSo I just can't understand why this works for iOS but not on Android. As you can see on screenshots, this blurry thing doesn't work on my phone. I alredy uninstal...

•   Plan Premium Country Turkey Device Samsung A70 Operating System Android 10   My Question or Issue So I just can't understand why this works for iOS but not on Android. As you c...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify active playback control not working

PlanPremiumCountryPhilippinesDeviceSamsung Galaxy S10 PlusOperating SystemAndroid 10My Question or IssueMy controls are stuck in Villain K/DA but It's playing savage love, I seem to be able to play and pause the track and change to other music but th...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Philippines Device Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus Operating System Android 10 My Question or Issue My controls are stuck in Villain K/DA but It's playing savage love, I seem to...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Alexa didn't recognized Spotify

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue Hi, When I start Alexa, it does not recognize Spotify and automatically starts Google play w...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue   ...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Android][Other] Switching to speaker while headphones are plugged in

Hey! I've had an issue with my phone where it always detects that my headphones are plugged in even when they actually aren't. So because of this when I'd like to listen to music using the speakers of the phone, I'm not able to. I thought that there ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey! I've had an issue with my phone where it always detects that my headphones are plugged in even when they actually aren't. So because of this when I'd like to listen to music using the speakers o...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

[Mobile][Other] Switching to speaker while headphones are plugged in

I've had an issue with my phone where it always detects that my headphones are plugged in even when they actually aren't. So because of this when I'd like to listen to music using the speakers of the phone, I'm not able to. I thought that there could...

• Casual Listener
  • I've had an issue with my phone where it always detects that my headphones are plugged in even when they actually aren't. So because of this when I'd like to listen to music using the speakers of the...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mobile
    Other
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution App Crashes On Launch

App crashes at launch after 3 secondsI have deleted the app and reinstalled numerous times ( over 10 times ! )I have tried all updates recommended on the community pages including signing out all devices....NOTHING WORKS and only happened after updat...

• Regular
  • App crashes at launch after 3 seconds I have deleted the app and reinstalled numerous times ( over 10 times ! ) I have tried all updates recommended on the community pages including signing out all...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution I can't see all lyrics and can't share songs by copy link

PlanPremiumCountryThailandDeviceSamsung Galaxy J7 proOperating SystemAndroid My Question or Issue1. When I played some song, I saw that this song have lyrics but when I press on lyrics it's not show all lyrics. I've uninstall and install again but it...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country Thailand Device Samsung Galaxy J7 pro Operating System Android   My Question or Issue 1. When I played some song, I saw that this song have lyrics but when I press...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 21 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 21 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution The Android app dosent open the full lyrics.

PlanPremiumCountryIndiaDeviceSamsung Galaxy s20 ultraOperating SystemAndroid 10 My Question or IssueWhen i open the spotify app and play a song with lyrics it show everything just fine until i try to tap on the lyrics and see the whole thing then it ...

• Plan Premium Country India Device Samsung Galaxy s20 ultra Operating System Android 10   My Question or Issue When i open the spotify app and play a song with lyrics it show everything...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution I can only skip songs forward

It's really annoying that when i want to replay a song that I can't do so with my headset shortcuts. I can only Play/Pause or skip forward. And it's not the headset beacause I've already tried it with a different Music Player and it works there. Can ...

• Casual Listener
  • It's really annoying that  when i want to replay a song that I can't do so with my headset shortcuts. I can only Play/Pause or skip forward. And it's not the headset beacause I've already tried ...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution 'Your Daily Drive' playlist glitching

PlanPremiumCountryAustraliaDeviceGoogle Pixel 4XLOperating SystemAndroid 11 My Question or IssueHi team, I recently updated my phone's OS and the Spotify app and since then my 'Your Daily Drive' has been glitching. When a news podcast is finished pla...

• Visitor
  •   Plan Premium Country Australia Device Google Pixel 4XL Operating System Android 11   My Question or Issue Hi team,   I recently updated my phone's OS and the Spotify app...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify App stürzt sofort nach Anmeldung ab - Problem liegt vermutlich am Konto

Hallo!Die Spotify-App stürzt sofort nach Anmeldung immer wieder ab.Es kommt dann die Meldung "Spotify wird wiederholt beendet".Alle Versuche, Cache leeren, deinstallieren-neu installieren... hilft nichts. Das komische, wenn sich jemand anderes an mei...

• Regular
  • Hallo! Die Spotify-App stürzt sofort nach Anmeldung immer wieder ab. Es kommt dann die Meldung "Spotify wird wiederholt beendet". Alle Versuche, Cache leeren, deinstallieren-neu installieren... h...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 15 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Account
  • 15 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Android TV Spotify problems

PlanFree/Premium / not relevantCountryDKDeviceSONY BRAVIA ANDROID TVOperating SystemAndroid OreoMy Question or IssueUsing Spotify on android TV is overall a very fine experienc, but have got a couple of issues with it; 1. Spotify connect is not avail...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium / not relevant Country DK Device SONY BRAVIA ANDROID TV Operating System Android Oreo My Question or Issue Using Spotify on android TV is overall a very fine experienc...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Android TV
    Autostart
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

FIIO Mark2 X7 Cannot access Spotify Home / Browse

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDeviceFiiO Mark2 X7Operating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueUsing my FiiO Mark2 X7, I cannot access the spotify Home / Browse screen. I get the error of sorry, something went wrong. I have tried factory resetting twice with...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Canada Device FiiO Mark2 X7 Operating System Android   My Question or Issue Using my FiiO Mark2 X7, I cannot access the spotify Home / Browse screen. I get the err...
  • pamantea
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Problema con las letras

Cuando cambio a mi cuenta primium las letras de las canciones desaparecen, a alguien mas le sucede y si tiene arreglo ?

• Visitor
  • Cuando cambio a mi cuenta primium las letras de las canciones desaparecen, a alguien mas le sucede y si tiene arreglo ?
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify refuses to play any songs on mobile

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceSamsung galaxy 9Operating SystemAndroid 10 My Question or Issue Mobile spotify refuses to play any songs at all. It was fine on the way to college this morning but has since quit. When i hit shuffle play, it displays the "tryi...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Free Country USA Device Samsung galaxy 9 Operating System Android 10   My Question or Issue   Mobile spotify refuses to play any songs at all. It was fine on the way...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Why can't I play any songs by certain artists?

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceSamsung Galaxy S9Operating SystemAndroid Oreo My Question or IssueA while ago I discovered I can't listen to any of the songs by Selena Gomez or Britney Spears. If they are featured on another artists song I can listen ...

•   Plan Premium Country Germany Device Samsung Galaxy S9 Operating System Android Oreo   My Question or Issue A while ago I discovered I can't listen to any of the songs by S...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Local files no longer uploading

I had a few local songs stored on my Android for quite some time now and I remember the time I uploaded those being rather simple, just as described in the tutorial. When I wanted to upload a few more local songs now I've been shocked to find out it ...

• Gig Goer
  • I had a few local songs stored on my Android for quite some time now and I remember the time I uploaded those being rather simple, just as described in the tutorial. When I wanted to upload a few mor...
  • Selbi
  • Gig Goer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes