Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Very low download speed on Android

Very low download speed on Android

Since a while I've been having a really annoying issue. When I'm halfway into downloading a playlist, suddenly the download speed decreases gradually. It seems to be downloading about 10 songs every time, before waiting a few minutes to continue again. 

Ive tried rebooting, reinstalling the app, switching to cellular but none of this works. When i reboot, it downloads about 50 songs before getting stuck in this loop again. 

My phone:

Huawei P30 Lite, EMUI 10

3 Replies

Hey @Levster_woo,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

Good job on checking first whether or not a reinstall solves the issue, in most such cases it does. However, could give it another go with these steps and run a clean reinstall? These ones are more thorough. That way you can make sure the cache is not causing this issue.

It's also a good idea to try disabling any power saving or data cleaning settings on your mobile device. Make sure you try this since such features can often prevent the app from operating at full capacity. In addition, you can try authorizing Spotify to run without restrictions and with all permission enabled.

If that doesn't fix things, could you let us know the approximate number of song you're trying to download and the available free storage on your device? Also - are you using an SD card?

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on how it goes. 

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Update on the matter: I've noticed that it seems to be purely a download speed restriction.

When passing the download of 1.000 songs, it seems like the download is limited to 10 songs every minute.

Is this actually a feature? And why so?

Hi again @Levster_woo,

Thanks for keeping in touch.

It isn't a feature, so other factors might be interfering with the download speed, such as the Internet connection or the available storage space. Also, if you're downloading thousands of songs, it may also have an impact in the performance.

If possible, could you try it on a different device to see how it goes?

Keep us posted.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts