NEXT STEP

[Android][Other] Local Files on Android

Solved!

[Android][Other] Local Files on Android

Phone:
Android

Subscription:
Premium

I downloaded some songs on my desktop and had no problems bringing them over to my phone (Samsung A50) and adding them to my playlists. I was listening to this one song on repeat for a day or so because I really liked it and all of a sudden it grayed out. Now it won't show up on shuffle. I tried restarting the app on my phone, playing the song on my computer, and being on my phone at the same time. My phone and computer are both on the same wifi. 

Thank you for your help in advance!!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @Michie2,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

We suggest keeping the app updated to its latest version to ensure optimal performance. It's well worth running a clean reinstall by following these steps and if your PC's OS is Windows, make sure to download the app again from the Microsoft Store.   

Also, take a look at the steps and recommendations you'll find in this Spotify Answer about Local Files.   

Keep us posted on how it goes 🙂

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there @Michie2,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

We suggest keeping the app updated to its latest version to ensure optimal performance. It's well worth running a clean reinstall by following these steps and if your PC's OS is Windows, make sure to download the app again from the Microsoft Store.   

Also, take a look at the steps and recommendations you'll find in this Spotify Answer about Local Files.   

Keep us posted on how it goes 🙂

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Yes, it worked! I reinstalled the app on my phone and tried it. The songs worked and they haven't malfunctioned yet and hopefully, they won't. Thank you for your help!!

Hey @Michie2,

Thanks for letting us know that everything is working fine now.

Remember to always keep your app updated, so you don't miss any fixes or new features. Don't hesitate to give us a shout if you have more questions.

Have a great day!

MafeGModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts