Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New Android Feature: Swipe to queue songs

Android users voiced their feedback and Spotify has listened. This feature was previously only available in the iOS app. You can now swipe to queue songs in the Android app! This new feature is currently rolling out to Premium users so you should see...

AndroidSwipeToQueue.gif
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Somerandomrr
  • Visitor
  • 20 replies
  • 41 likes
  • 20 replies
  • 41 likes

New Your Library view

Spotify has introduced a new version of Your Library to mobile users of the iOS and Android apps. Come on over to the main Community thread to get an overview of what's new and share your feedback: New Your Library view (iOS & Android)

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 48 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 48 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Hijacked

Okay, you I regular listen to Spotify, and today I opened it I clicked on one of my playlist and it started playing a different song that I've never listened to and everytime I click back on one of my songs it reroute me to that song every like 6 to ...

• Casual Listener
  • Okay, you I regular listen to Spotify, and today I opened it I clicked on one of my playlist and it started playing a different song that I've never listened to and everytime I click back on one of m...
  • Hungryminow
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Connect
    Hijacked
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

[Android TV] Oreo Sony TV enters a single "K" whenever a search is started

PlanPremiumCountryUSDeviceSony Bravia 900fOperating SystemAndroid TV Oreo My Question or IssueSince the Oreo update (which thankfully fixed the stuttering/crashing issues) brought with it a new issue: Every time I go to enter a search using the onscr...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country US Device Sony Bravia 900f Operating System Android TV Oreo   My Question or Issue Since the Oreo update (which thankfully fixed the stuttering/crashing issues) br...
  • _27_
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Can't see downloaded songs in new playlist view

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDeviceSamsung Galaxy S8Operating SystemAndroid 9 Pie My Question or IssueWhen I used to go to an album which I had songs from it in some of my own playlists which I had locally downloaded on my phone, I would see a small green...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Canada Device Samsung Galaxy S8 Operating System Android 9 Pie   My Question or Issue When I used to go to an album which I had songs from it in some of my own pla...
  • AndrewRobs01
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Can't skip ads

PlanFreeCountryAustraliaDeviceSamsung Galaxy S10Operating SystemAndroid 9 Pie My Question or IssuePlease see the attachment, I'm unable to skip ads as the icon is greyed out. I'm using the latest version of android and the latest version of spotify 8...

• Regular
  • Plan Free Country Australia Device Samsung Galaxy S10 Operating System Android 9 Pie   My Question or Issue Please see the attachment, I'm unable to skip ads as the icon is greyed out....
  • o9ty7nnfn-_br
  • Casual Listener
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Multiple songs from the same artist wont play

PlanPremiumCountryUkDeviceSamsung Galaxy 8Operating system Android Oreo My Question or Issue I have a playlist with over 1000 songs in it some artist imagine dragons for example has 50+ songs ordered in artist format but will only play about 10-20 wh...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Uk Device Samsung Galaxy 8 Operating system  Android Oreo   My Question or Issue  I have a playlist with over 1000 songs in it some artist imagine d...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution When switching between WiFi to data, or vice versa, Spotify will stop playing music.

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceNexus 5Operating SystemAndroid Oreo My Question or IssueWhen switching between WiFi and data, Spotify will stop playing the song I'm listening to without crashing or freezing. Pausing then playing does nothing and skipping ...

• Music Fan
  • P lan Premium Country USA Device Nexus 5 Operating System Android Oreo   My Question or Issue When switching between WiFi and data, Spotify will stop playing the song I'm listenin...
  • TudorBelea
  • Visitor
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify app no longer shows Sonos speaker as an option

PlanPremiumCountryUKDeviceSamsung Galaxy S8Operating SystemAndroid 9 My Question or IssueMy Sonos Play 1 speaker no longer shows up as an output device in the "Connect to a device" screen on the Spotify app. I can use the Sonos app without a problem ...

• Roadie
  • Plan Premium Country UK Device Samsung Galaxy S8 Operating System Android 9   My Question or Issue My Sonos Play 1 speaker no longer shows up as an output device in the "Connect to a d...
  • DIEG00
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify not seeing audiocast device

I was using spotify with Audiocast without issues until recently spotify stopped seeing Audiocast device. Audiocast is connected to same wifi as spotify but it is not working. Tried different phones, reinstalled spotify but same issue PlanPremiumCoun...

• Regular
  • I was using spotify with Audiocast without issues until recently spotify stopped seeing Audiocast device. Audiocast is connected to same wifi as spotify but it is not working. Tried different phones,...
  • kapik1
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution New feature or a bug? Add complete album / multiple tracks to playlist

PlanPremium Family PlanCountryGermany DeviceOnePlus 6TOperating SystemAndroid 9 My Question or Issue I regularly added whole Albums or EPs (=multiple tracks) to a playlist, but this feature seems to be no longer available in the current Android app? ...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Family Plan Country Germany   Device OnePlus 6T Operating System Android 9   My Question or Issue   I regularly added whole Albums or EPs (=multiple tracks) ...
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Android App crashes immediately after starting

Hey everyone.My Spotify app is not starting all of a sudden. As soon as I try to start the app it crashes and shows a message that "the application has stopped working". I tried restarting my phone, re-installing the app, clearing cache and data but ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey everyone. My Spotify app is not starting all of a sudden. As soon as I try to start the app it crashes and shows a message that "the application has stopped working". I tried restarting my phone...
  • Petya
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Bluetooth suddenly stopped working

Xiaomi mi-5s - MIUI 9Bose AE2 soudlink I've the same setup since 3 years and never i had this problem. Bluetooth have suddenly stopped working but music is still playing on the app. SPOTIFY is the ONLY application impacted so it's not device related....

• Visitor
  • Xiaomi mi-5s - MIUI 9 Bose AE2 soudlink   I've the same setup since 3 years and never i had this problem. Bluetooth have suddenly stopped working but music is still playing on the app. SPOTIF...
  • AndrewRobs01
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution SD card storage location no longer an option

PlanPremiumCountryUKDeviceSamsung Galaxy S8+Operating SystemAndroid 9 My Question or IssueUntil this week I have had my downloaded music stored on my SD card but as of Monday (23rd September) this no longer appears as an option. It's using up all the...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country UK Device Samsung Galaxy S8+ Operating System Android 9   My Question or Issue Until this week I have had my downloaded music stored on my SD card but as of Monday...
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Long Press Menus on Album or Song no longer work

Long pressing albums or songs no longer brings up a menu. This means I have to rely on accurately hitting the triple elipses for most things, where if i miss it'll start playing that song. Or for albums i need to tap through to the album before being...

• Music Fan
  • Long pressing albums or songs no longer brings up a menu. This means I have to rely on accurately hitting the triple elipses for most things, where if i miss it'll start playing that song. Or for alb...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 20 replies
  • 11 likes
  • 20 replies
  • 11 likes

Superuser Contribution thanks to this awesome bug, spotify gets so **bleep**ing slow it hurts!!

Plan Free and Premium it doesn't matter Device samsung galaxy whatever Operating System (Android Oreo My Question or Issue Sometimes i just want to play music like a human being would do. I open spotify and that piece of junk won't load anything.it h...

• Not applicable
  • Plan Free and Premium it doesn't matter Device samsung galaxy whatever Operating System (Android Oreo   My Question or Issue Sometimes i just want to play music like a human...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 9 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 2 likes

Can't add local files to playlists since last update

PlanPremiumCountrySwitzerlandDeviceSamsung Galaxy S7Operating SystemAndroid 8.0.0 My Question or IssueSince the latest update, I am unable to add local files to any playlists on my phone. I can still download and play them just fine, but every time I...

• Plan Premium Country Switzerland Device Samsung Galaxy S7 Operating System Android 8.0.0   My Question or Issue Since the latest update, I am unable to add local files to any playlists...
  • 1ungnb_ub-uuq
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

No songs or playlists shown in the app, internet connection doesn't seem to work with spotify

PlanPremium familyCountryUS (currently outside but the plan was purchased there)DevicePocophone f1Operating SystemLineage OS 16, android 9 My Question or IssueFor the past few months Spotify hasn't been able to connect to the internet while using cel...

• Plan Premium family Country US (currently outside but the plan was purchased there) Device Pocophone f1 Operating System Lineage OS 16, android 9   My Question or Issue For the past fe...
  • eltoch
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android 9
    mobile app
    no connection
    PLEASE HELP
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Bluetooth skipping audio.

Plan premium CountryUSA DeviceLGG7 ThinQ Operating System My Question or IssueThis has been happenkng for two months or so now. Ive reset my phone. Reset cleared and deleted and reinstalled the app. Tried everything Google and these forums have sugge...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan premium   Country USA   Device LGG7 ThinQ   Operating System     My Question or Issue This has been happenkng for two months or so now. Ive reset my phone. R...
  • cdunn32
  • Casual Listener
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes
  • bluetooth
    skipping
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Local Files Not Playing On Shuffle

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDevice(Samsung Galaxy 10)Operating System(Windows 10) My Question or IssueSo I've got a playlist of local files. On my phone, some are fine while others are greyed out. When I put Spotify on shuffle, it will only play t...

• Plan Premium Country United States Device (Samsung Galaxy 10) Operating System (Windows 10)   My Question or Issue So I've got a playlist of local files. On my phone, some are fine whi...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Album art zoom-in

PlanPremiumCountry DeviceOnePlus 6tOperating SystemAndroid 9 My Question or IssueWhat happened to the ability to zoom-in on album art in the Android app?

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country   Device OnePlus 6t Operating System Android 9   My Question or Issue What happened to the ability to zoom-in on album art in the Android app?  
  • Beltane575xx
  • Roadie
  • 5 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 4 likes

Why can't I choose a specific song in a playlist when I play music on another device? Can only skip.

I have Spotify Premium. Whenever I cast/connect to another device (all through the Spotify app, so no mirroring), I can't select a specific song. This only occurs in one of my playlists, but all of the others are not affected. In the other playlists,...

• I have Spotify Premium. Whenever I cast/connect to another device (all through the Spotify app, so no mirroring), I can't select a specific song. This only occurs in one of my playlists, but all of t...
  • boydliggitt
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Android
    Error
    Playlist
    Samsung
    skipping
    Spotify
    Windows
    Windows 10