Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Downloaded Songs only play when online

Downloaded Songs only play when online

Spotify was working normally until a few days ago. Suddenly the songs I downloaded to my device won't play unless I connect my device to the internet. Spotify works fine on my desktop and my two smartphones. I have already deleted the cache and restarted spotify. Spotify is also up to date. Does anyone have an idea why that is?

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany

Device

Atoto A6

Operating System

Android 6

3 Replies

Hey,

Try using spotify in ofline mode and see if that works! If not try redownlowding the music it might be because of storage issues. Hopefully i was able to help you. Let me know if i can further assist you !

Hi, thanks for your answer. I forgot to mention that I had already tried using offline mode.

Is this kind of issue related to storage? My device storage is currently almost full. Could making some space possibly fix this issue? On a related note can I "migrate" downloaded music to an SD card?

Hey,

Unfortunately you cannot download spotify music officialy on external storage as far as i know, but there are some ways that might work for you

1. Delete downloaded songs

2. go to device storage/android/data -> move com.spotify.music to Sd memory card /android/data (It might already be there i'd just overwrite it)

3. Redownload songs

As you said though it might be a storage issue. Make sure to delete the cache files and have plenty of space for the songs you want to download!

You can check how much storage you have on your phone directly in the Spotify app:

1. Tap the settings icon in the upper-right corner of your home screen.

2. Scroll down and tap "Storage."

3. Your phone's available space will be displayed on the screen

Hopefully this helps you! Let me know how it goes and if i can help you furthermore!

Wishing you only the best,

C

Suggested posts