Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • AFCM6456
  • Casual Listener
  • 65 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 65 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • shahn321
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Play queue reordering

PlanFree/PremiumCountryUkDevice(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueUpdated app no longer allows the play queue to be managed (reordering or deleting). Only option is to add (which is hopeless...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Free/Premium Country Uk Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System Android   My Question or Issue Updated app no longer allows the play queue to b...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Playlist Loading Error

PlanPremiumCountryUS/FinlandDeviceMoto Z Play DroidOperating SystemAndroid 8.0.0 With the exception of the playlists by Spotify or friends, my playlists do not load, even if they were downloaded. But it also applies to any new playlists that are crea...

Screenshot_20190817-120732_2.png
  • Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country US/Finland Device Moto Z Play Droid Operating System Android 8.0.0   With the exception of the playlists by Spotify or friends, my playlists do not load, even if th...
  • bsdrkgh
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Keep Spotify Running

PlanPremiumCountryRomaniaDeviceSamsung Galaxy Note 8Operating SystemAndroid 9 My Question or IssueIs there any way to keep the Spotify app open whenever I close all the apps using the "Close Apps" button? I remember Google Play Music staying open if ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Romania Device Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Operating System Android 9   My Question or Issue Is there any way to keep the Spotify app open whenever I close all the apps ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify keeps playing while talking on the phone

PlanPremiumCountryUSDevicePixel 4 XLOperating SystemAndroid Oreo My Question or IssueSo when I'm playing Spotify and I call someone or they call me through WhatsApp the music doesn't stop all the time. I will pause the music and it starts right back ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country US Device Pixel 4 XL Operating System Android Oreo   My Question or Issue So when I'm playing Spotify and I call someone or they call me through WhatsApp the ...
  • Kglover354
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Congelación app spotify y carga de contenido muy lento

Hola tengo un problema con la aplicación desde que compre el dispositivo, experimento congelaciónes o carga muy lenta, tengo un buen Internet y no se que solución dar. Video de demostración a través de google drive para que lo visualizen https://driv...

• Casual Listener
  • Hola tengo un problema con la aplicación desde que compre el dispositivo, experimento congelaciónes o carga muy lenta, tengo un buen Internet y no se que solución dar.  Video de demostración a ...
  • Mario
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 5 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify app seems to cause Android browser to go offline

PlanFreeCountrySingaporeDeviceOnePlus 5TOperating SystemAndroid Pie My Question or IssueI play Spotify via the app.I am not entirely sure but it seems when I play music on Spotify, my android browsers become offline (Chrome, Firefox, Opera). It has h...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Free Country Singapore Device OnePlus 5T Operating System Android Pie   My Question or Issue I play Spotify via the app. I am not entirely sure but it seems when I play m...
  • allnotavailable
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle malfunction

None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help.PlanPremiumCountry DevicePixel 2Operating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueThe shuffle function does not work on the specific playl...

• Visitor
  • None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help. Plan Premium Country   Device Pixel 2 Operating System Android &n...
  • MrNoHappiness
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Can't/unable pause music on screen lock (again)

As the title suggests, the pause/play button doesn't work on screen lock (mobile device). I can only skip the track. This issue has been mentioned before last year and I just wanna report that it's back again. I tried many solutions (reinstall many t...

• Visitor
  • As the title suggests, the pause/play button doesn't work on screen lock (mobile device). I can only skip the track. This issue has been mentioned before last year and I just wanna report that it's b...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

Library slow after update

PlanPremiumCountryBrazilDeviceHuaweiOperating SystemAndroid After the last update, the saved library became slow and unresponsive. If I try to access an specific saved album via the library, it takes 15 seconds to load. Same thing with my followed ar...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Brazil Device Huawei Operating System Android   After the last update, the saved library became slow and unresponsive. If I try to access an specific saved album vi...
  • PaulMac
  • Roadie
  • 26 replies
  • 13 likes
  • 26 replies
  • 13 likes

Superuser Contribution Home page won't load

Since Spotify updated on my Pixel XL this morning, the home page won't load. I have tried to uninstall/reinstall, as well as restarting my phone but still not working. I get a message that, "something went wrong....please have another go." I've been ...

• Gig Goer
  • Since Spotify updated on my Pixel XL this morning, the home page won't load.  I have tried to uninstall/reinstall, as well as restarting my phone but still not working. I get a message that, "so...
  • Loreniw
  • Casual Listener
  • 14 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 14 replies
  • 6 likes

Superuser Contribution How to add a Playlist to current play queue

PlanPremiumDeviceSamsung S8Operating SystemAndroidMy Question or IssueCan you add a playlist to the current play queue via mobile device? I see this option is available from Desktop but I have recently converted many playlists from other Music Servic...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Device Samsung S8 Operating System Android My Question or Issue Can you add a playlist to the current play queue via mobile device? I see this option is available from Desktop but...
  • Mario
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Clock app keeps disconnecting

PlanPremiumCountry DeviceAsus Zenfone Max Pro M2Operating SystemAndroid 9 My Question or IssueWhen trying to use the Clock app to set Spotify as an alarm, the playlists list keeps "refreshing", making it impossible to search for songs or playlists to...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country   Device Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 Operating System Android 9   My Question or Issue When trying to use the Clock app to set Spotify as an alarm, the playlists ...
  • gijsterbeek
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 4 likes

Problems with Android bluetooth streaming to BMW - resolved

Hi all,First post here - short and simple - my Android phone (Sony Xperia) recently upgraded to Android 9.0 and (coincidentally?) the Bluetooth audio streaming to my BMW stopped working correctly - in fact the phone would need to be restarted each ti...

• Visitor
  • Hi all, First post here - short and simple - my Android phone (Sony Xperia) recently upgraded to Android 9.0 and (coincidentally?) the Bluetooth audio streaming to my BMW stopped working correctly -...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Google chrome vs on this phone.

Why does it keep switching to playing with google chrome? othe below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help.PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)...

• Casual Listener
  • Why does it keep switching to playing with google chrome?   o the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help. Plan Free/Premiu...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify stops playing when detects new device

PlanPremiumCountryPoland DeviceSamsung Galaxy Note 8 + Bonroad PX5 car audioOperating Systemboth Android 9 My Question or IssueI have Android car system installed in my car with Spotify installed. After 1-20 minutes of listening on car system the mus...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Poland   Device Samsung Galaxy Note 8 + Bonroad PX5 car audio Operating System both Android 9   My Question or Issue I have Android car system installed in m...
  • hudyvolt
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Samsung S10e, Huawei P10 plus - app crashes on start

No updates on Samsung S10e and Huawei P10 plus but suddenly app crashes on start for both tonight. Was using it on S10e earlier today with no issues.PlanPremium

• Casual Listener
  • No updates on Samsung S10e and Huawei P10 plus but suddenly app crashes on start for both tonight. Was using it on S10e earlier today with no issues. Plan Premium
  • proffs
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Crash
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Queue wiped and can't add songs to queue from mobile app

PlanPremiumDevicePC/Xiaomi Mi5Operating SystemWindows7/Android 8My Question or IssueI use Spotify on my phone and multiple PC's. I decided to give premium yet another chance, because on free my play queue got wiped every time I switched devices and I...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Device PC/Xiaomi Mi5 Operating System Windows7/Android 8 My Question or Issue I use Spotify on my phone and multiple PC's. I decided to give premium yet another chance, because on...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Bluetooth Audio Paused

PlanPremiumCountryCanDeviceMoto G7 Power And W205 c400 Benz command systemOperating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue So when I'm playing Bluetooth music from my phone via Bluetooth through my car stereo I will hit Pl...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Can Device Moto G7 Power And W205 c400 Benz command system Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue  So when I'm p...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Issue with offline mode and downloads

PlanPremium(free trail)CountryIndiaDeviceSamsung galaxy m30Operating SystemAndroid 9 My Question or IssueMy offline mode or the downloads stay for only one day. I should clear my offline devices and reinstall app if i have used offline mode because t...

•   Plan Premium(free trail) Country India Device Samsung galaxy m30 Operating System Android 9   My Question or Issue My offline mode or the downloads stay for only one day. I sho...
  • Arumaybiswas
  • Visitor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

sneaky dash - Mendler keeps playing instead of my playlist

I have a premium family plan and when playing on my Samsung 10e a tune I have never hear of and never play keeps coming up and knocks out my playlist and then keeps playing. If I go back to my playlist, a couple of my songs play and then this track c...

• Visitor
  • I have a premium family plan and when playing on my Samsung 10e a tune I have never hear of and never play keeps coming up and knocks out my playlist and then keeps playing.  If I go back to my ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Virus
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes