Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify playlists duration

Solved!

Spotify playlists duration

Plan

Premium

Country

Poland

Device

(Sony Xperia 10 Plus, iPhone 7)

Operating System

(Android 10, iOS 13)

Does someone have an explanation why is for the same playlists created by Spotify I can see its total duration on my iPhone but not on Android phone (see screenshots)?

For my own playlists as well as for other users playlists the total duration is visible.

IMG_0438.PNGScreenshot (Jun 11, 2020 11_11_42).png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Demart,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop. 

It seems that what you're experiencing is likely due to the Android app changing with the latest updates.

The best thing to do would be to go ahead with submitting an Idea asking to keep the playlists' duration visible for the Android app while making sure you enable automatic updates on your device in case things change again with any of the future updates. 

Let us know if there's anything else we can help you with in the meantime.

Have a good day!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hey @Demart,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

The playlist's duration info should be there if, once you opened the playlist, you swipe left on the playlist's cover at the top (see screenshot).

If the app looks different and there's no such option, what you're experiencing might be due to some testing. This means you might see something on the app your friend doesn’t, or get to try different app features. To make sure you're always on top of this, you can enable automatic updates on your device. You'll find more info regarding this here if you'd like to take a look.

If you'd like playlists' duration to always be available as info on Spotify, it'd also be great for you to create an Idea about this. To do so, make sure to follow these steps:

1. Go to the Spotify Community

2. Click on Menu

3. Click on Ideas > Idea submissions

4. Scroll all the way to the bottom and click on Let’s go

As a heads-up, it's good to know that the higher the number of votes an Idea gets, the more likely it is for the Idea to be implemented. If you wish to learn more about how your feedback will reach Spotify, feel free to take a look at this article.

Hope you'll find this useful. Let us know how you get on and if there's anything else we can help with!

Mario Moderator

Mario,

Thanks for quick reply. I have the latest app version available in Play Store and also as I stated previously I can see the duration of playlists (for instance from other users, see screenshots) in the way you`re mentioning but not for playlists from Spotify - there is no possibility to scroll left to see additional info (see screenshot above).Screenshot_20200611-124648.pngScreenshot_20200611-124708.png

Marked as solution

Hey @Demart,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop. 

It seems that what you're experiencing is likely due to the Android app changing with the latest updates.

The best thing to do would be to go ahead with submitting an Idea asking to keep the playlists' duration visible for the Android app while making sure you enable automatic updates on your device in case things change again with any of the future updates. 

Let us know if there's anything else we can help you with in the meantime.

Have a good day!

Mario Moderator

@Mario,
Thanks, got it. I`ll proceed to Ideas on that.

Suggested posts