Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

extremely slow app and downloads on huawei p20 pro

extremely slow app and downloads on huawei p20 pro

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany

Device

Huawei p20 pro

Operating System

Android9 / EMUI 9.1.0

My Question or Issue

I try to use spotify on huawei 20 pro. Im using it with a fast WIFI. The app reacts very slow. on every click at first a site with grayed out content is shown for some 20 seconds at least.

Download of music is between 20 bytes/sec and some kbyte/sec.

I tried to reinstall spotify with deleting all data. This worked for around an hour (app was reactive and downloads were reasonabe fast), then the behaviour was again like described. One strange fact was, that, when the bad behaviour returned, my start site did not show my favourite music, but some stupid "boom Tschacka.."recommandations.

When I search for an artist and click on discography, a site with "releases" appears, but it takes around 3 minutes until something is shown there.

I have been using spotify on some devices before and never had this problem. Until Two days ago I used it on a xiaomi 5s and sometimes on a xiaomi 4c with no problems.

3 Replies

Hey there @musjuwil!

Thanks for reaching out to us about this.

Could you try following the steps here under Android to clear your cache from the app's settings?

After that we'd recommend logging out > resting your device > logging back in.

We also suggest logging in on your Account page and going to ''Apps'' in the menu.

There you can check if there are any third party apps listed that you don't recognize and make sure to "Remove Access" for those.

Keep us posted on how it goes. We'll be here if you have any more questions.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

hi,

I tried what you recommended (clearing the cache,logout, let device rest for a while, login again) - didnt change anything.

On my account page there are no apps with access to my account.

So I'm stuck with the problem.

The problem still ist there. I tried with another phone - a oneplus2 and it is the same mess. Everything is extremely slow, searching in a discography is literally impossible, starting an already downloaded album takes several minutes.

I even tried to log out on all devices, but with no results.

Suggested posts