Songs play twice when I search for them

Plan Premium

Country US

Device

Pixel 2

Operating System

Android 10

My Question or Issue

If I search for a song and play it, it does a great job. Until it gets to the end of the song. Then it always plays the exact same song again. After that, it begins playing different songs (I think it makes a radio station based on that song). It's annoying to hear the same song twice in a row. Why does this happen? Is this happening for anyone else?

2 Replies

Hey @uniqueusername2,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

When this happens and the same song is played for the second time in a row, it'd be good for you to check the top-part of your screen (with the song fully open) and see what it says. If it says "Song radio based on ..." then, just like you thought, a radio station started exactly with that song. This should be the app's expected behavior.

Let us know how you get on. We'll be here if there's anything else we can help with!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

You're absolutely right. The first time it plays the song, the top of the screen (with the song fully open) says "playing from search". When it plays the second time, it says "song radio based on". I guess that means this bug only affects Premium members, since non-premium members wouldn't necessarily hear the song the radio is based on right away.

Usually what happens is I'm doing something else by the time it gets to the end of the song and starts playing it again, and then I have to go over and hit skip. I can adapt to the app's behavior by hitting skip as soon as it starts playing the first time.

Thanks for the help and I like the song quote in your signature.

Suggested posts